What's new

I Love Kava Friday All aboard!

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
I haven't decided what I'm having yet... There are times when I wish only had one to choose from... lol...

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
My wife bought a baby goat friday, and prepared it for cooking in the steel bowl I use for my kava prep on saturday. Just started sundays late afternoon kava session , and sure enough the kava has picked up a strong raw goatmeat aftertaste and smell. Probably the worst possible combination - not recommended.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
My wife bought a baby goat friday, and prepared it for cooking in the steel bowl I use for my kava prep on saturday. Just started sundays late afternoon kava session , and sure enough the kava has picked up a strong raw goatmeat aftertaste and smell. Probably the worst possible combination - not recommended.
At the risk of ruining aesthetics (if this is a nice steel bowl), you should put a label on your kava bowl. I'm one of those where I like using particular receptacles for different things. My tea cups are ONLY for tea. No spoons allowed. Given, a kava bowl is way different from teaware, but I do have a cup that I only use for drinking kava. It's not even special. It's a glass cup I got from an Irish cream Christmas box set. I guess it's kind of special, but its appearance is pretty plain. But it's a kava cup, darnit!

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Look at the bright side -- you didn't actually have any raw goat in your kava, right?

...right?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Eugh yes - I had forgotten about that - or pushed it to the very back of my mind where all the traumatic experiences go.
lol, admittedly I think about that thread on a regular basis. Definitely stands out in my mind among the sea of standard kava questions and sentiments.