What's new

Allergic to Kava?

H

Hank_H

I took Kava for about a month with no side effects, then one day I start to develop an itch. Discontinue kava and I had a full body rash for about 10 days. Doctor said it wasn’t from kava. Now (5 months later) I decided to try kava for the first time since breakout. I had one drink and my face and head swelled and became red and very hot to touch, 3 days since I’ve had it and the symptoms have gone down a lot. I saw that people on anti depressants can have these reactions. Anyone had anything similar happen?

Pzk

Kava Enthusiast
Mmmmm I have other symptoms I also heard no one talk about... everbody has a different body. Somehow it sounds like being allergic to kava to me - of course.

What happens to me lately is, that I get sinusitis from kava kava... when I stop the sinusitis stops. I had this happening now a couple of times.

First I thought kava kava helps perhaps to destroy bad things in the body, that then perhaps get transported outwards (f.e. due to nice green sinusitis)... perhaps thoughts of a "dreamer" hoping his substances are good in the end- even though he should stop them. Also I have a autoimmune disease and kava is said to be anti-inflammatory. But in my case it seems to raise inflammation. I am not 100% sure - because it seems to have a paradox effect, good and bad effects body wise, and mind wise as well.

Atm I wonder a bit what is really going on. I know kava for a couple of years... the sinusitis reactions are new to me, but I have prove that for me, it was the kava...

Pzk

Kava Enthusiast
What comes to my mind regarding your idea of allergy, is the same which came to my mind regarding my reactions. It could be that it isn't the Kava in the first place, but there are things in your body going on, the Kava could induce those symptoms. So it might be no direct reaction of your body to Kava - but things that could be "off" within your body. Perhaps even parasites in your bowel - just as a thought. Many things are possible. But if you react bad, better leave it alone. What if you can't breathe any more one day?