What's new

Allergy — itchy rash

burnstrees

in love with the kava
I already feel way better and drank a couple more shells LOL. my eye is still bugging the fuck out of me but it could be totally unrelated

D

Deleted User01

Ok @Brunstrees, you're freaking me out. It's like: "Everything is ok now except my eyes are bugging out of my eye socket and I have to press it in every few minutes. But other than that, everything's cool." :rolleyes: During the Winter, kava and winter can conspire to give me dry eyes or itchiness. Just pop in some eyedrops. One more thing, don' touch your eyes after eating Mango Habanero Hot Wings.:eek: Just a little tip there for ya. Ya, learned that one the hard way.

burnstrees

in love with the kava
i guess so. i'm just glad i'm not breaking out anymore. after reading all those other stories i started getting pretty paranoid, lol

grulag

I am a new user, started three weeks ago. I started taking instant and move on to micronized. I do the toss and wash, basically been using 2-4 ts at night an hour before sleep. I always had problems with dandruff and dermatitis, so the rash on my face comes and goes but this morning I woke up with a rash on my back and chest. Its not really that itchy, but I can notice it. I am going to take some time off, and see if that clears it up. I will let you know

grulag

owellow

As a very new user I had been taking small amounts every now and again to hopefully build the reverse tolerance that is commonly associated. Two or three weeks in I downed a ridiculous amount of instant. About 4 or 5 hours later I noticed some redness and tingly feeling in my face. It gradually progressed, over the course of 24 hours, into a red pimply mess all over my face. JUST my face. Then, over the next 24 hours, the symptoms dissipated. The redness went away and I was left with just little bumps for another 2 or 3 days. Side note: I remembered I also used a random new shampoo the same day the symptoms occurred. I have tested the shampoo on several parts of my skin since then and had no reaction. I'm no scientist and didn't run any tests, but I would bet that because I took such a ridiculous amount, something happened. It is the only other thing that changed in my routine that day. I have went over the day like 10x in my head. :p I still love Kava and now keep my amounts pretty low. Have not had this happen since.

Just wanted to put this out there in case someone like me does this, has a similar reaction, and would like to know other's experience and rash timeframe.

Peace all.

juxtapose

I started experimenting kava root grind about 5 weeks ago and was taking it every day for that time. Usually about 100 grams per session.
After 2 weeks i broke out in the hot rash. I suspected it may have been the kava so i stopped.
When it got really bad and spread to my face (My face had swollen up like a balloon) i saw the doctor and he gave me some steroids and some antihistamine but it did not do much instantly. 3 weeks later i am just getting over it but was suspicious it may have been a coincidence so i thought I would give kava another try. this was last night. Bad move. Completely blown up again.
So im going to kava a miss from now on.
Thanks for your posts. very insightful.

violet

Do all things with love
@juxtapose So sorry to hear that. Something else that might help clear the reaction is an H2 blocker like Zantac (ranitidine). I've had some pretty bad episodes of hives that steroids and benadryl (H1 blocker) didn't touch, but Zantac cleared quickly. Good luck to you.

Reactions: EQ

ShannyinSobriety

Kava Enthusiast
My feet itch so bad at night and it is a deeper than skin itch - scratch it and it itches worse itch. I am pretty sure it’s a Kava allergy because foot spray does zero and it really only gets bad if I drink Kava .

Ben Thomas

Kava Enthusiast
Crazy this is that common. I used to drink kava a lot until it started giving me insane anxiety in the morning. Then I took a long break, when I came back to it, the red balloon face hit me so hard it was insane. I recently bought a half lb of kava supreme to try again, it’s been about 7-8 months. But now after reading this I’m terrified.