What's new

Aloe Vera Juice ok when consuming Kava?

KavaBobo

Kava Curious
I’d like to start consuming Aloe Vera Juice for a skin condition I have a mild skin condition (not kani) and found the following on Dr. axe’s website :
If you are taking medications that depend on Cytochrome P450 3A4 and CYP2D6 enzymes, then talk to your doctor before ingesting aloe juice, as it may increase the risk of experiencing adverse side effects.

Should I be concerned about my Kava consumption in conjunction with consuming Aloe Vera juice? Any info would be appreciated. Tia

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I’d like to start consuming Aloe Vera Juice for a skin condition I have(not kani) and found the following on Dr. axe’s website :
If you are taking medications that depend on Cytochrome P450 3A4 and CYP2D6 enzymes, then talk to your doctor before ingesting aloe juice, as it may increase the risk of experiencing adverse side effects.

Should I be concerned about my Kava consumption in conjunction with consuming Aloe Vera juice? Any info would be appreciated. Tia
You're good. There should be no issue between them. Kava isn't active at those isozymes in any inhibitory or inductive way.