What's new

Aluball

Hi all, new member and still not feeling the good effects of Kava.
I just wanted to know if anyone uses the aluball shaker?
I have bought one and waiting on delivery. Can any kava powder be used or is it just the powder available from kavafied?

thanks guys!

hightides42

our Roots run deep
welcome to the forums!

we have an aluball and do not use it very often, if at all, preferring to knead, agitate and squeeze medium grind kavas in "nut milk filter bag".

we've never tried kavafied offerings, but any medium grind kava will work in the aluball.

and... expect a week or two before really feeling effects from kava as you break thru what is called 'reverse tolerance' while your body adjusts to make use of the kava actives. it is common, just have a drink daily until you get the kava(fied) effect.

oh, and get a nut milk filter bag, it is a great way to make an enjoyable shell or three of kava :)

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Hi all, new member and still not feeling the good effects of Kava.
I just wanted to know if anyone uses the aluball shaker?
I have bought one and waiting on delivery. Can any kava powder be used or is it just the powder available from kavafied?

thanks guys!
I use the Aluball a lot. Though any medium grind kava works, it is much better to use the fine-medium grinds. New Zealand Kava Society's are good. Five Star is good. Squanch is finer. And, of course, the Kavafied brands. I hosted a kava get together last night for neighbors just starting to drink kava. One of them felt kava right away when I introduced them to it several weeks ago, but her husband felt nothing. So, I mixed a heaping teaspoon of instant Moi (from GHK) in each shell of aluball made kava for him. By the fourth triple powered shell, he was really feeling it.

kavasam

Kava Curious
I have one but haven't used it for a while. I was rather disappointed with the results. It has a double ball but the effects were pretty mild. And I felt like it wasn't any less cleanup than my blender method so it's been put away.