What's new

Alubottle! And temperature.

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
So I got mine on Friday and have been using it ever since. It's great and makes for easy cleanup. I've been using it for three washes, saving the makas, then tossing them in blender for the last go at it before bed. (I'm dropping this little bit incase anyone sees any flaws in my method and cares to correct me).

The little insert said not to use hot water, so I've been using warm water which I realize can be subjective. I have a temperature controlled water kettle and I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what the highest temperature I can go is because I'll be able to get it there without any guess work.

-Fushi

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Considering it is plastic, try 115*F (46*C) and 144*F (62C) but not hotter because kava sticks and globs at hotter steamier temperatures.

I like cool aluball shells, especially the third wash. Glad to hear you save roots after.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
My aluball first fit half the kavafied supreme Vanuatu fine grind kava root which they included. So 14g. I got two shells out of that and then another solid two shells out of my first wash of the half of the kava. About one tablespoon of root per shell.

Cool photo! I'm interested in some Tongan kava now...