What's new

Kava Accessory Review AluBottle

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
Ive been using the AluBottle (Aluball Pro) for a month now. It has been nothing but great. My grog comes out awesome everytime and there is no mess! I havent had any leaking issues so far. If your on the fence about one of these.. definitely pull the trigger.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Excellent product. I use it on a daily basis with no problems. The only issue is that when you put the shell back on top it sometimes leaks over the bottle. The simple solution is to simply dry it out when you are done (*duh*, but it took me awhile to figure it out).

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
How does it compare to 10 minutes of kneading? I've been on the fence because it sounds like I'll have to pay 50+ dollars to get it to do what I would want it to do; and I am super happy with my $7 Kavafied beginner's strainer bag that I've been using almost daily for a year and a half with no problems. It would be convenient to be able to just shake up some kava in a couple minutes, but its really not that inconvenient to just knead up a batch; and if its gonna be more expensive and also a weaker mix, I'm just not sure if it is worth spending 50 dollars on an Aluball system.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
How does it compare to 10 minutes of kneading? I've been on the fence because it sounds like I'll have to pay 50+ dollars to get it to do what I would want it to do; and I am super happy with my $7 Kavafied beginner's strainer bag that I've been using almost daily for a year and a half with no problems. It would be convenient to be able to just shake up some kava in a couple minutes, but its really not that inconvenient to just knead up a batch; and if its gonna be more expensive and also a weaker mix, I'm just not sure if it is worth spending 50 dollars on an Aluball system.
I think the Alubottle is convenient and travel friendly but traditional prep is way better, particularly because you can knead more kava and get a better extraction. I like them both, (and own both) depending on the situation.

nashfire

Stay Rooted
Just had my first shells out of my new Aluball Pro....oh ya! With the KF discount (Prime is actually about the same) stoked to have made the jump...and get an extra ball... isn't that a Tom Petty song?...."I'm 2 ballin'...." (Sorry TP).
Mahalo to Matt @Kavafied and @Kojo Douglas for his great reviews on it. 2 washes and into the freezer maka tub for @Krunkie McKrunkface 's excellent and efficient freezer grog recipe! Bula!