What's new

amazon.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

exit stage left
My canadian source has switched to kava that is ineffective and possibly two day, so I've been looking to see if there is another source out there that ships from Canada. Shipping from Canada is good for me because I avoid customs so it gets here faster, and currency exchange rate. I can't seem to find one, but noticed that some Kalm with Kava products are offered on Amazon.ca. It seems to be about the same price, same shipping, same shipping speed as ordering from the website. It doesn't ship from Canada. So I have a question for @Kalm with Kava - which benefits you personally more, ordering from your website, or ordering from Amazon.ca? The only difference I can see is that the Can/US exchange rate might be a bit better ordering through Amazon since it's already in Canadian dollars - but if ordering from your website gets more money to you, I'd rather do that.

yardcat

Kava Lightweight
I've wondered the same thing. I have Prime membership which comes with free two day (no pun intended :ROFLMAO:). I also partake in that smile.amazon where a donation % is made to your choice of charity. A small amount but makes me feel good about it. Just hope it's gets put to good use. But I want do do what's best for the vendor. Bottom line price out the door with delivery for me is pretty close anyway, just curious. I'm in the U.S. though.

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
I've wondered the same thing. I have Prime membership which comes with free two day (no pun intended :ROFLMAO:). I also partake in that smile.amazon where a donation % is made to your choice of charity. A small amount but makes me feel good about it. Just hope it's gets put to good use. But I want do do what's best for the vendor. Bottom line price out the door with delivery for me is pretty close anyway, just curious. I'm in the U.S. though.
Hey there yardcat,

I can't necessarily speak for Mike at KWK, but I know that I'm personally not on Amazon yet because they take a TON of the margins one would normally make on a sale. It's better for the vendor to go through their site, albeit less convenient.

yardcat

Kava Lightweight
Hey there yardcat,

I can't necessarily speak for Mike at KWK, but I know that I'm personally not on Amazon yet because they take a TON of the margins one would normally make on a sale. It's better for the vendor to go through their site, albeit less convenient.
Yeh I pretty much suspected that wasn't sure how much though. Good to know. I normally do order straight from KWK and have only used Amazon when I was running low and/or getting close to the weekend and needed to bump it up to one day shipping, usually due to my own procrastinating. That said, Mike ships real fast and price wise w/shipping is about the same anyway.
@Schmedward Not sure if this makes a difference, but Prime availability could be based on not just whether you're in Canada or U.S. but how close you are to an Amazon warehouse and stock on hand. I live in Virginia and I've noticed my order has left out of Baltimore the few times I've done it. Transit time is the same for me two day whether coming from there or straight from Mike in Montana. But I'm just speculating on the Prime availability reasons.

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Thanks for the question Schmedward. Yes, cactuskava is correct, there's a reason Amazon is taking over the Internet for shopping sites. They're convenient and fast but charge the sellers ridiculous fees to participate. We really don't make much if anything on Amazon sales but still like to participate to help show people who might be new to trying kava and buying through Amazon that there's a difference between bargain kava and good Noble kava.

exit stage left
Thanks, Mike. I sell books/ebooks I've published on amazon and it's definitely not a profitable way to go, so I suspected as much, but I agree it's a good way to get work out there. I'll be buying directly from your site for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.