What's new

An odd question about a Kava Suppliment

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
So I told a friend about the joys of Kava, where I had gotten my Kava from and all that jazz because they seemed interested. Even sent them a link to the kalm with kava sampler that I got because it seemed like a good intro.
Well, she apparently opted for something else. It's a 500mg pill sold and marketed by one Mr. Alex Jones.
Is anyone familiar with this stuff? Is it safe (if you're familiar)? I took a screenshot of what's in it and, in my opinion, it looks like it'd just put you to sleep.
She takes xanax in the morning and asked me if she'd be safe to take it many hours later in the evening but I had no idea.
Thanks for any information anyone can provide....

-Fushi

Attachments

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
So I told a friend about the joys of Kava, where I had gotten my Kava from and all that jazz because they seemed interested. Even sent them a link to the kalm with kava sampler that I got because it seemed like a good intro.
Well, she apparently opted for something else. It's a 500mg pill sold and marketed by one Mr. Alex Jones.
Is anyone familiar with this stuff? Is it safe (if you're familiar)? I took a screenshot of what's in it and, in my opinion, it looks like it'd just put you to sleep.
She takes xanax in the morning and asked me if she'd be safe to take it many hours later in the evening but I had no idea.

-Fushi
I am not familiar with the brand but what you may want to explain to your friend is that 9/10 times these capsules are made with sub par kava, usually Chinese with no regard for nobility. SO could it be good? Maybe, but it's the worst way to begin a kava journey. Perhaps you can sit down with this friend and show her how it is meant to be consumed, I find a lot of people are intimidated by what they may perceive as a complicated process when in reality, it's really easy.

If she is absolutely dead set on a capsule, tell her to at least get GAYA brand since we know that one is at least made with noble kava.

The bottom line: If she wants to enjoy the full spectrum of benefits from kava, you need to prepare the drink the traditional way.

Jacob Bula

Nobody

-Fushi
Not familiar with the brand, but I am familiar with Alex Jones. I wouldn't drink bottled water marketed by Alex Jones :p.

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
Not familiar with the brand, but I am familiar with Alex Jones. I wouldn't drink bottled water marketed by Alex Jones :p.
Yeah that was my personal feeling.....But I think she said earlier she was nervous about trying it and maybe switch to what I was recommending. I told her about the forum, hopefully she'll check it out and find the information to put her mind at ease and show her the benefits of makin a little grog.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
Gaia Herbs Phytocaps are pretty much the only kava pill I would ever consider taking if I just HAD to take an extract.
Waited too long to place my order for this round of night shifts. Waiting for my GHK to arrive and have a long weekend ahead. Considering trying these, since there is no local kava available... will try and report back-- if I can find them.

This is what a Trader Joe's search looks like :p

Attachments

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Waited too long to place my order for this round of night shifts. Waiting for my GHK to arrive and have a long weekend ahead. Considering trying these, since there is no local kava available... will try and report back-- if I can find them.

This is what a Trader Joe's search looks like :p
Needs must sometimes. I hope you get through ok.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
Amazon product
Got these at a local health food store. Manufacturer stated it was made by aqueous extraction using noble kava root. Opened 6 of them and mixed with warm milk. Downed in one shot. Tasted exactly like my home made instant I made one time. Effects were quick kavain euphoria. Put a smile on my face for about 15 minutes. No body feeling. Unfortunately. Mild effects. No hangover. All good. Obviously not a substitute for kava, but not half as bad as I thought, and should hold me over until I get my GHK in the mail.