What's new

Analgesia

mlenny

Kava Curious
What's the best way to get an analgesic effect from kava? I am in TREMENDOUS pain and recall that it helped in the past for a broken rib pretty well.

Thanks,
Matthew

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
What's the best way to get an analgesic effect from kava? I am in TREMENDOUS pain and recall that it helped in the past for a broken rib pretty well.

Thanks,
Matthew
In my experience, kava does help with muscle related pain. Not so much with other types of pain. That said, all cultivars seem to help me, though I tend to use
the heavier, sedating kavas for pain. With tremendous pain, you may need something beyond kava...

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Heavier kavas definitely seem to have a more pronounced analgesic effect. Look for chemotypes that start with 2xxxxx (DiHydroKavain) or have a higher amount of 5 (DiHydroMethysticin) ...like... 245xxx , 246513 , 426513 ... stuff like that.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
If you have confirmef neuropathic pain then what you need is:
1g ALCAR (acetyl-l-carnitine) and 600...750 mg ALA in a day. It has reduced several types of neural pain by about 20% with the side effect of diarrhea in 15% of people. I tested one such dose myself because I do test things that are not highly toxic just for kicks and because I consult.

Why ALCAR + ALA? Maybe -20% is not stellar but it lacks central nervous system side effects that amitriptyline, gabapentinoids (pregabalin, gabapentin) and SSRI/opiates such as tramadol (dizziness, drunkenness and addiction or nausea, respectively) happen to cause.

ALCAR and ALA do not increasecognition over baseline but these have been investigated in the context ofneurodegenerative diseases and tend to be neutral or not significantly beneficial rather than harmful.

Therefore --think.

Aye. One more thing. This combination slightly as if reprograms pain circuit permanently. One month course. No lifelong / long-term treatment needed.

In addition, go to the pool physiotherapy move. Tends to be zone of free movement for many types of pain. Central pain maybe less, chronic back pain -- very high chance.

Good luck.

Last edited: