What's new

And Kava did it again....

Pzk

Kava Enthusiast
Hey @ll,

what did kava do again? Well I am surprised and sad at the same time. Sad that I can't "get there" without kava.

Years ago when I found kava, it helped a lot to "come into energies" or personality aspects, I just can't reach without. Also it helped to open the doors to suppressed feelings and feel them, find a channel for them. Like a bursting of dam which was waiting to burst for a long time.

And in the end, it leads to a lot creativity and "energy flow".

The most interesting thing is, that all this started after trying my own micronized yesterday, which is different in effect to me. More body wise, just another kind of effect.

The night you lay down to sleep and you feel beautiful and you wake up the next day and you are full of energy and positive vibes - you could go to "work" (music making) directly and everything "flows" (without taking it again in the morning).

Hard to describe, but I guess many people take "drugs" because of this reason.. because they can live and feel aspects of themselves they just can't reach without it.

And if you reach them and realize that this is your self if it would be more complete, you begin to think what is wrong. And at the same moment I began to think "Am I doing the right thing taking kava?"

I know from back then, that if I overdo it isn't good. Somehow I lost control back then, but I didn't care, because I suddenly felt so much I wasn't able before. I was the controlled kind of guy always in the "head" thinking. Kava made me move and feel.

The "traditional" method (or blender method) the last days didn't do what micronized did last night.

I am just wondering and I am happy at the moment...

Seems like this is life...

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
It sounds to me like you miss that part of your life more than the actual feeling of kava at that time, perhaps kava is the earmark in your history For those better days. I think personally it's also part of getting older , I find myself analyzing these things more as I grow older but I also find myself more comfortable in my own skin and I definitely agree that kava has a "Je né se quoi" very similar to alcohol, In the sense that removes inhibitions, it's a good thing it is light-years away from the side effects.

There's nothing wrong with being sad I think, it helps me appreciate the better times all that much more and quite honestly life would be somehow worst without ups and downs.

Pzk

Kava Enthusiast
Yes it is the earmark... it was the time of waking up... becoming alive - feeling yourself... 15-20 years of depression and anxiety - ugly story. Then an accident and no other way than confront myself, also falling in love, finding energies... accepting yourself... understanding yourself... spirituality... everything. Then after 15-20 years without drinking alcohol, or taking other stuff, or smoking weed... I finally wanted to experience intensity and life - like every day could be the last... then I tried kava in this time and I felt even more- found even more... I was already sad back then, because like you said, yes it is more the ability to feel and act like that... being creative, being "un-blocked" and so on... it was like a timeframe to try to change and find a surrounding - build your life circumstances to come closer to all this.

In the end it is more about being yourself. But to me it is like, there seems to be no "true" self... just states of mind and stories about the self - people believe and hold onto...

Complicated story... long story... like we all have long stories to tell I guess.

Pzk

Kava Enthusiast
A philipine woman who heard my story, who took part in a ceremony in Fiji after I told her about kava, told me "Seems like you have to move to Fiji!"

Grounding in nature on the island, grounding with kava... grounding with uncomplicated girls...

I am complicated enough :D

Valyn

Kava Curious
It sounds to me like you miss that part of your life more than the actual feeling of kava at that time, perhaps kava is the earmark in your history For those better days. I think personally it's also part of getting older , I find myself analyzing these things more as I grow older but I also find myself more comfortable in my own skin and I definitely agree that kava has a "Je né se quoi" very similar to alcohol, In the sense that removes inhibitions, it's a good thing it is light-years away from the side effects.

There's nothing wrong with being sad I think, it helps me appreciate the better times all that much more and quite honestly life would be somehow worst without ups and downs.
Good comparison. I'd say many of us use kava or other substances for nostalgic effects.

Pzk

Kava Enthusiast
movement in nature is a good thing but it is difficult to get going when depressed
I go into nature with kava ;). Not good if you need something to go into nature, but better than taking kava sitting at the Computer. This moment I am sitting outside, see the half moon, watch the birds and animals, feel the wind and it is magic. Pacific Elixier instant in my bottle. I like this fresh root instant.

Kava is grounding, nature is grounding, Double ground so to speak. But slowly I realize I need a break.

Edit: No I don't need kava to go outside, but I prefer it...

Valyn

Kava Curious
I go into nature with kava ;). Not good if you need something to go into nature, but better than taking kava sitting at the Computer. This moment I am sitting outside, see the half moon, watch the birds and animals, feel the wind and it is magic. Pacific Elixier instant in my bottle. I like this fresh root instant.

Kava is grounding, nature is grounding, Double ground so to speak. But slowly I realize I need a break.

Edit: No I don't need kava to go outside, but I prefer it...
I have had many good experiences while having a few shells and watching the night sky with good music.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Nah, I do not need really anything enjoy nature. Kava just replaces peeved tiredness with mellow tiredness when I am tired. It does not help against demotivation / disappointment depression.

Pzk

Kava Enthusiast
The longer I do kava without longer brakes, it becomes the same for me slowly....

amani

Kava Curious
Being 68 and having spent over half of those years seeking in exciting, at times dangerous, and often disoriented from one type of chemical or another including alcohol, LSD, weed, cocaine, meth, and lastly (so far), opioids, I believe I may have turned some kind of spiritual corner with kava. None of the others turned out well for me but this kava seems to actually do something for me instead of to me. I’ve had years in which I was completely free of anything but “me” and there were some wonderful moments but it was also often a struggle mentally and emotionally. Anxiety, depression, and self loathing were too often companions on my journey. My few experiences with daily kava feels like some kind of existential change if that makes any sense.