What's new

And then what?...

Shredder

Kava Enthusiast
After ingesting some GHK Boroguru Micro tonight, I started thinking about how I only take kava when my stomach starts to growl.

This had me wondering even more about when I should I take more, or if I even should take more in one day.

I've heard of some taking kava, and then deciding to come back for more as soon as they feel their buzz dying...

So to all of you, do you usually take a break after a buzz, or go straight for some more indulgence right away? And if you wait, then for how long?

Shredder

Kava Enthusiast
Haha. Have mercy on a noob!!! I'm just trying to figure out the best way. I got hungry after my buzz wore off a bit earlier, so I had a banana with peanut butter. Thought that it might increase the feeling a bit...

I just don't wanna take too much and get sick is all. I mix my micro in flax milk with chocolate syrup. Kavalactones are fat soluble right? Figured the milk would be better than using juice.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Being fat soluble only applies to straining and kneading. You are directly ingesting all the plant matter you need with micro. Using fat as your liquid helps simulate the emulsion part of the equation as well as theoretically suck more lactone out of the dirt ball before you dispose of it.

D

Deactivated Account

Thought that it might increase the feeling a bit...
A really hot oily curry or pizza will do that for me every time.
I just don't wanna take too much and get sick is all. I mix my micro in flax milk with chocolate syrup. Kavalactones are fat soluble right? Figured the milk would be better than using juice.
The beauty of kava is that your body will tell when you have had enough. Well thats for me anyway.

D

Deleted User01

@Shredder, I start my Kava as little as 2 hours after eating. Then I drink a shell every 20-30 minutes until I feel I've had enough. It's not like drinking beer when you keep drinking until you are drunk or the beer is gone. And the object of the game is NOT to get Krunked though I think overindulging once on the weekend could be allowed since we are only human after all. :D So just sit down, do a periodic shell, let it take effect, and query your internal system. Am I feeling pretty good now? Is my anxiety waning? Am I feeling relaxed. It's nice to take just enough Kava to relax but not too much that you can't be productive reading, working on a hobby, or some other relaxing activity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shredder

Kava Enthusiast
@Shredder, I start my Kava as little as 2 hours after eating. Then I drink a shell every 20-30 minutes until I feel I've had enough. It's not like drinking beer when you keep drinking until you are drunk or the beer is gone. And the object of the game is NOT to get Krunked though I think overindulging once on the weekend could be allowed since we are only human after all. :D So just sit down, do a periodic shell, let it take effect, and query your internal system. Am I feeling pretty good now? Is my anxiety waning? Am I feeling relaxed. It's nice to take just enough Kava to relax but not too much that you can't be productive reading, working on a hobby, or some other relaxing activity.
Very informative Deleted User01. Thanks!
Since I have only micro at the moment, (and that's my default way of taking kava) what would constitute as a shell in my case? 2-3 TBSPs?

D

Deleted User01

I would say 1 tablespoon per shell of Micronized constitutes one shell.

D

Deleted User01

As much or little liquid as you want. Lately I have been using those little plastic dixie cups and doing 1 tablespoon with enough water to fill to .75 of the cup. That ain't much water. So whatever makes you comfortable. Stir it of course and chug it before it settles to the bottom.

D

Deleted User01

I knew you were going to say that. So here comes the long version. For instance right this minute, I'm sipping 2 tablespoons of Honokane Iki Micronized, 6 oz of Ginger Ale, 3 ice cubes, and a squeeze of lime (with a spoon). That's all the soft drink that I care to drink in a day. If I feel like more Kava later (around 5ish), then I will do the Dixie cup thing and probably with a tablespoon of Nene Instant or even a Tablespoon of GHK Micronized Boroguru. Sometimes I don' feel like prepping a drink and I may do 3 dixie cups on those days. And I drink Kava about 4-5 days of the week. Hope this helps.

R

Rookietwoshoes

Elementary, my dear Watson.
Thank you for indulging me ...@Deleted User01

Shredder

Kava Enthusiast
As much or little liquid as you want. Lately I have been using those little plastic dixie cups and doing 1 tablespoon with enough water to fill to .75 of the cup. That ain't much water. So whatever makes you comfortable. Stir it of course and chug it before it settles to the bottom.
Thanks Java!

Yea man one thing I notice is that the micro can very quickly settle to the bottom...

Maybe giving it a nice good couple of shakes will do the trick.

D

Deleted User01

I neglected to mention that I sometimes use Club Soda instead of Ginger Ale. That's a low cal alternative and the Lime still does the trick with the kava taste.

Kimmer

Patently irritable
I use diet ginger ale (Gosling's is really good) and I do stir it every time I pick up the glass.