What's new

Anxiety and strange after effects day after kava

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slater280

Kava Curious
Hey guys new here to the forum but been doing a lot of reading and research about kava for my anxiety disorders. So I got wakakon kava strained and kneaded about 6tbs and 3cups of warm water. Drank 4oz every 15-20min I loved the effects and calm produced and slept like a baby. But yesterday the day after drinking the kava I had the worst panic attack out no where and felt off all day. Wondering if this from the kava or anything I can do differently cause it really does help

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hey guys new here to the forum but been doing a lot of reading and research about kava for my anxiety disorders. So I got wakakon kava strained and kneaded about 6tbs and 3cups of warm water. Drank 4oz every 15-20min I loved the effects and calm produced and slept like a baby. But yesterday the day after drinking the kava I had the worst panic attack out no where and felt off all day. Wondering if this from the kava or anything I can do differently cause it really does help
Hi and welcome to our forums, I am glad that you found your way to kava. I don't think it was related to it but be sure to drink extra water when drinking kava as it is a diuretic. I know some people drink that brand often and not to say it's bad but you may want to try something from KWK (kalmwithkava.com) or any other vendor here really.

Also possible you are extra sensitive to kava and maybe adding more water to the mix, might help.

Slater280

Kava Curious
Hi and welcome to our forums, I am glad that you found your way to kava. I don't think it was related to it but be sure to drink extra water when drinking kava as it is a diuretic. I know some people drink that brand often and not to say it's bad but you may want to try something from KWK (kalmwithkava.com) or any other vendor here really.

thank I did just order some from KWK I ordered Borongoru from them to try another strain thank so much for the quick response really eases my mind today

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
thank I did just order some from KWK I ordered Borongoru from them to try another strain thank so much for the quick response really eases my mind today
It's my pleasure, coming from someone who also suffers from anxiety, I can relate. I've noticed (for me) that the current state of things, around the world, has started to add to my anxieties. I practice a lot of mindful breathing as it really helps.

Borongoru is an excellent choice. :)

EmeraldKava3690

Kava Curious
Sometimes different things can bring out anxieties in us, even anxiolytics if we are in the right [or wrong] frame of mind. [Though it is much more difficult to go into anxiety or stay in an anxiety state for long with excess GABA running through your brain.] I agree with Krunky, it is an especially anxiety-producing time in the world. Aside from this, everyone is different, you may already have an anxious personality, and although the Kava superbly calmed it, there may have been a slight rebound effect mixed with your already anxious and over-thinking [and now sober] personality the next day that spurred an anxiety attack.

As example, I do not necessarily think Kava has a physical withdrawal that for sure will give you rebound anxiety, as there have been times after frequent heavy kava use I have woke up the next day, went to work, been busy, got home, passed out, and felt no real difference. There have been other times that just with more on my mind or less to do, I become psychologically aware that I was using heavy Kava which calmed or distracted me from anxieties, and now I am dry, which can lead to an almost self-induced psychological rebound anxiety withdrawal state - that usually clears up as I go through my day and realize I will be just fine!

Slater280

Kava Curious
It's my pleasure, coming from someone who also suffers from anxiety, I can relate. I've noticed (for me) that the current state of things, around the world, has started to add to my anxieties. I practice a lot of mindful breathing as it really helps.

Borongoru is an excellent choice. :)
Yes it definitely has added to mine as well I’ve tried all the natural remedies valerian root ,5htP , CBD everything cause I do hate the pills they try to put me on and I’ve been clean and sober 3years but was covering up my underlying anxiety’s with drugs and booze and kava seems to take the edge off rather quickly so I’ll stick with it and see it through to the other side. I also do meditation as well

Slater280

Kava Curious
Sometimes different things can bring out anxieties in us, even anxiolytics if we are in the right [or wrong] frame of mind. [Though it is much more difficult to go into anxiety or stay in an anxiety state for long with excess GABA running through your brain.] I agree with Krunky, it is an especially anxiety-producing time in the world. Aside from this, everyone is different, you may already have an anxious personality, and although the Kava superbly calmed it, there may have been a slight rebound effect mixed with your already anxious and over-thinking [and now sober] personality the next day that spurred an anxiety attack.

As example, I do not necessarily think Kava has a physical withdrawal that for sure will give you rebound anxiety, as there have been times after frequent heavy kava use I have woke up the next day, went to work, been busy, got home, passed out, and felt no real difference. There have been other times that just with more on my mind or less to do, I become psychologically aware that I was using heavy Kava which calmed or distracted me from anxieties, and now I am dry, which can lead to an almost self-induced psychological rebound anxiety withdrawal state - that usually clears up as I go through my day and realize I will be just fine!
Thank you for the inputs and yes I am a very Anxious person through out the day so I’ll stick with and try more or use kava in the mornings as well and see if it helps mitigate it cause it really has helped tremendously

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
There have been other times that just with more on my mind or less to do, I become psychologically aware that I was using heavy Kava which calmed or distracted me from anxieties, and now I am dry, which can lead to an almost self-induced psychological rebound anxiety withdrawal state - that usually clears up as I go through my day and realize I will be just fine!
That has really become a thing for me, I am glad you mentioned it because part of me thought I was going crazy.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Was also wondering what might be a good starting point 2tbs and cups water or ???
Well that is really an individual choice, you mentioned feeling the effects on the first try. So the less is more approach for you may be sufficient. I would start low and work your way up to the desired effects. 2 tbs to a cup of water is a good rule of thumb.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
It is great that you are doing the --4 ounce every 15 to 20 .
I have always felt this was key to a positive kava experience.
It is the more historic way to drink kava also rather than
consuming lots fast...or even small amounts with too little spacing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.