What's new

anxiolytic

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

clement

Hey everybody!

I've been drinking kava daily for the past two months(had been drinking it a few times in tonga before) because of my anxiety for the past 6 months.
The only reason ive been drinking it is for the anxiolytic effects,but i seem to get the others ,meaning i mainly feel high,sleepy.
I've been drinking boroguru (6-7 tbsp),and recently melomelo (6-7tbsp);and both just give me pretty much the same effect.
Could it be that i use too much,making me *high* but ,not giving me mujch anxiolytic effects if at all,or that im not using the right kava?
ive got a massive stock of koniak,would that be better for anxiety,and if so would drinking it at night help for the next day?

Thanks very much

salvador

You need to lower your doses. I drink kava mainly for anxiolytic purposes and i use 3-5 teaspoons - that way, i never get krunked but i get a nice mellowing effect. Also, avoid DHM strains.

violet

Do all things with love
Could some of this be your "set and setting"? While both of these kavas can feel like they give similar effects, I think there are definitely some differences, even if they are subtle. If the kava is hitting you hard enough to make you sleepy, perhaps lowing the dosage while allowing yourself to sit back and really listen to the kava may help you to feel out the subtleties of how each kava affects you. It could also be that you need to try another strain of kava to find one that gives you the anxiolytic effects you are looking for.

I don't think avoiding "higher" DHM strains is really necessary for anyone, unless those certain kavas don't agree with them. So far, I have found Boroguru to work best for my anxiety, and it gives me lingering (shielding) effects. I'm on day 4 now off kava and still feel pretty chill, but yesterday my chest pain started coming back and today I got a small tension headache, both of those were severe daily physical manifestations of my anxiety before I started drinking kava. Melo Melo definitely uplifts me but can make me pretty sleepy sometimes.

It really depends too on the type of anxiety you are trying to treat. I'm not sure that the Koniak would be any better for anxiety, I tried it hoping it would stretch out the effects of the Boroguru a little more, but I think what I got was a dilution of Boroguru's effects with the specific ones that Koniak brought to the mix. Koniak makes for some easy languid lounging the next day, I wouldn't drink it if you have stuff to do the next morning until you know how it affects you.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
whoa buddy....6-7 tbsp!

From 3-5 you can probably get down to 2-4 tbsp if all you want is anxiolytic effects.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Try something high in kavain. 1-2 tbsp of wakacon Fiji waka will help anxiety without making you wasted. Fu'u is worthless for anxiety imo. Koniak will knock you on your ass. If it's making you sleepy stay away from boroguru, stone, and melo melo.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
Paradise Kava, Fiji
It is great for anxiety, or their extract.
That way you could properly dose yourself without getting krunked.
I always have a hard time holding back on that stuff, but you might show better self control with it, lol; :D but I doubt that!

Status
Not open for further replies.