What's new

Anxious order

Mesh

Kava Curious
Hey guys,

I ordered some kava from pacific kava about a week and a half ago, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this company. I've read a small amount about them through kavasseur and a couple posts on this forum but it seems as though almost no one uses them. Anyone have any info on them at all? kava quality? Company rep? ect. I live in Germany and for some reason almost no one will ship to Germany.. Incredibly annoying to say the least.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Mesh

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Hello,
Kavabyrex is another company that ships to germany. These days, i order from globalkavaexports as they ship from within europe and carry quality products.

Mesh

Kava Curious
Appreciate the info guys! A little unnerving to here that Deleted User, that's what I get for jumping the gun before I ask around a bit. I'll definitely get in touch with those two vendors in the near future.

If anyone is interested, I'll post a review/test once the order gets here. If it gets here that is..:nailbiting:

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Hi @Mesh ,

I know Pacific Kava. I ordered from them several years ago. Back then I didn't know much about the issue of kava's purity and nobility and they seemed like a good alternative to the "no label" stuff sold in grocery stores around South Auckland. So, I won't be able to tell you if what they sell is noble and pure (i.e. root only). However, I can tell you that this is not a great kava. While I remember getting some effects, I definitely wasn't impressed, especially in comparison with the powders I've tried since then. Also, their customer service (back then) was terrible. I waited for over 2 weeks to get my kava and I live 20 km away from their "office". Nobody ever bothered to reply to my e-mails with further questions. Out of all 3-4 online vendors in New Zealand that I knew back then, Pacific Kava was certainly the worst.

Full disclosure: I am one of the guys behind the Kava Society, which also sells kava in New Zealand (@Kapmcrunk might create a small sub-forum for us soon).

Last edited by a moderator:

Mesh

Kava Curious
Wow, If I wasn't concerned enough already.. Their customer service is still terrible, I sent an email a week ago and still no reply. Needless to say I will not be ordering from them again. Thank you for your input Henry. Nice site btw.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Wow, If I wasn't concerned enough already.. Their customer service is still terrible, I sent an email a week ago and still no reply. Needless to say I will not be ordering from them again. Thank you for your input Henry. Nice site btw.
Thanks, mate. If you are based in Germany, you should get in touch with @Global Kava Exports , they sell good kavas from Vanuatu and Hawaii and (I think) they ship to Germany. Cian (the owner of GKE) is super nice and I am sure he will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.
Also, free to e-mail or PM me if you have any questions about kava in NZ.

Cheers

Hey guys,

I ordered some kava from pacific kava about a week and a half ago, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this company. I've read a small amount about them through kavasseur and a couple posts on this forum but it seems as though almost no one uses them. Anyone have any info on them at all? kava quality? Company rep? ect. I live in Germany and for some reason almost no one will ship to Germany.. Incredibly annoying to say the least.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Mesh
Hey Mesh,

We ship to Germany every day, shipping is usually 4 working days, sometimes 5. We have never had a package stopped or seized. We have had some packages returned because of wrong address provided by customer or failed deliveries or simple things like that but nothing goes missing really because everything is tracked and we send so much to Germany that we really look after the customer as best we can. I'm sorry to hear of your trouble, just email me at [email protected] or visit us here https://www.globalkavaexports.com/de/
this is our German language site but it has not had new products updated I just notice now. So best to visit us here https://www.globalkavaexports.com/

Your English is excellent so I don't think you will have any difficulty navigating our English language site. Wir hoffen, zwei sprechen, Sie bald!

Mesh

Kava Curious
Definitely @Steve Mariotti. I now have a favorite vendor. @Global Kava Exports I went ahead and ordered from you guys 5 days ago, and the package arrived today! And guess what? The order from pacific kava still has not arrived after 3 weeks of waiting :( They did eventually reply to my email one week after it was sent. They apologized for the delay and said that they were waiting for a fresh batch to be packaged. At least they apologized I guess..
Anyway, on my second shell of Tanna Kaolik atm and most likely a third soon. Liking the effects so far! Feels smooth and calm.
Oh and before I forget, I'm actually from the US originally. Been living in Germany for over 5 years now, my German should be a lot better than it is. haha It's an amazing place.
Vielen Dank! Sprechen bald!

Crunked

Proselytizer
All I can say is that anyone within the EU who orders kava from a country outside the EU is gambling. The only safe way to order within the EU is through Global Kava Exports. I speak from bitter experience.

I note that Pacific Kava ships to Australia and the UK. Both countries prohibit the importation of kava by mail.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
All I can say is that anyone within the EU who orders kava from a country outside the EU is gambling. The only safe way to order within the EU is through Global Kava Exports. I speak from bitter experience.
Well, there are a few places within the EU where kava is 100% legal (e.g. Ireland). In many the places situation is a bit more murky (e.g. UK). From what I've heard, only one country in the EU treats kava possession as a crime. But yea, I would never order kava from outside the EU if I lived in the UK.

Crunked

Proselytizer
Well, there are a few places within the EU where kava is 100% legal (e.g. Ireland). In many the places situation is a bit more murky (e.g. UK). From what I've heard, only one country in the EU treats kava possession as a crime. But yea, I would never order kava from outside the EU if I lived in the UK.
Unfortunately it isn't as simple as whether kava is 100% legal in the country of importation. Custom/quarantine can seize any plant material. For example, last year I ordered kava from GHK for delivery to my hotel in Fiji (where kava is 100% legal). It was never delivered. After I left Fiji I was told it had been seized by Fiji biosecurity and marked 'return to sender', not because it was kava, but because it was plant material. Fortunately I was tipped off and was able to pay to have the shipment posted to Australia and it got through. :happy:

Anyone importing kava into the EU could also have it seized on quarantine grounds. The only safe way that I know of is to buy from GKE because ordering from them does not involve further customs/quarantine inspection.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Importing medical products into germany is only illegal for the sender, but importing bigger quantities could be construed as "intent to sell" and this can land you in a whole world of trouble.

Mesh

Kava Curious
Appreciate the info guys. That clears up the confusion, that mistake will not be happening again. Guess some people like to learn the hard way..:facepalm:

Mesh

Kava Curious
Haha, nice. Once you build your german vocab a bit, it all starts to make sense. (kind of. haha) Germans sure do love their lunch time. Where else is it ok to break for 2 hours and have a lunch time beer (or 2, if you're a ninja)? lol Well, In my case it would be kava :D