What's new

Any 'healing crystal' users out there?

krunkedout

Kava Lover
I've never really believed in psychic energy and just thought that people who used crystals were just a bunch of crazies who say they can program them and talk to them. But then I started thinking that there could be scientific evidence for this. Quartz for example has the unique ability to transform one type of energy to another; for example if mechanical energy is applied to the crystal, it produces an electrical current. And if and electrical charge is passed through, it's structure slightly changes (electric to mechanical) this got me thinking that perhaps there is some merit to the idea of programming crystals with your "energy field". We know that energy fields exist, and in fact it's been shown that they increase in places where there are large groups of people praying. So, why wouldn't it be possible to be able to slightly alter the structure of a crystal to create a circuit board using our own energy field? I plan I buying an energy field meter and a few crystals and performing some tests and measuring the differences in the energy field (if one is produced). So, do any of you have any experience with crystals? Any advice?

kl.metacog

Kava Enthusiast
" We know that energy fields exist, and in fact it's been shown that they increase in places where there are large groups of people praying."

You got a reference yo?

krunkedout

Kava Lover
metacog said:
" We know that energy fields exist, and in fact it's been shown that they increase in places where there are large groups of people praying."

You got a reference yo?
unfortunately not. I saw it on something on the science channel awhile back but I can't remember the name of the program. But as far as energy fields go, anything with an electrical charge is going to emit an energy field that radiates from the source, usually in the form of EMF. If you research EMF I'm sure you'll learn all about it. And as to Deleted User, no updates yet, I have three different crystals coming in the mail, amethyst, clear quartz, and rose quarts. I also have an EMF meter coming in the mail.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
I should also probably mention how I plan to go about with the testing. I'm going to get my friend to help me, which shouldn't be a problem since he is fascinated by this kind of stuff.

The setting will be in a room with NO electrical devices except for the EMF meter, that's right folks, no cell phones or flash photography. Im going to see if I can designate a certain room where I can shut off all power in from the main breaker. In this "clean room" I will go around taking EMF measurements and recording them carefully so that I can know where the base level is. After that is established I plan on doing meditation experiments to see if I can get an EMF reading from that alone and will carefully record the results. After a few of these experiments have been performed and recorded, I will introduce the crystals and see if the presence of the crystals alone are somehow raising the EMF readings and will record the results. After this has been done, I will go back to the meditation experiments, only this time with the crystals; I will experiment with placing the crystals in different areas and what not. I will also set up somewhat of a crystal grid around either me or my friend even though it wont be complete since I will only have three crystals. I will do these experiments with each crystal individually and with all of them at the same time. If I get any strange EMF levels that I suspect could be due to the presence of the crystals, I will set up another experiment in which the person meditating can't see the crystal and won't know which crystal is in his presence, and then I will either not place the crystal there at all or use a placebo glass crystal to see if the change in EMF was due to the test subject (either I, or my friend) thinking that there was a crystal there. Sorry for any run-on sentences in that lol. When I'm posting on an iPhone I get too lazy to correct grammar.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I remember something from TV too. Thing is I'm pretty positive I specifically remember it in Morgan Freeman's voice so it was probably "Through the wormhole".

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Got the emf meter and the crystals today. I havnt set up the experiments yet but I did screw around with just the crystals and the meter. So far, the crystals make no difference on the emf meter, a 9v batt, however, will.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Scratch that. I held the amethyst crystal and the probe in my palm and did some light meditation. And by light meditation I mean I wasn't sitting in any special position, wasnt in a quiet place ect.. So as I was doing this, about 30 seconds after I started the meter started beeping like crazy, I opened my eyes and looked at the reading and it was at around 2 milligauss. After a couple seconds of staring the meter dropped straight back to 0.

there's a great book I once read, called the Energy Healing Experiments, detailing energy work... of course you know about reiki and that art... I used to have a lemurian seed crystal, although I think that was too easy to exploit vulnerabilities to get a genuine one... and I'm sure you've heard of the crystal skulls (even if not in culture but indiana jones had a movie about it as well)... the skulls with elongated backs of the heads found at the ancient sites... now actual skulls have been discovered.  quite interesting, to say the least.  

May I ask what it is you are looking for with the crystals?  Such as, if you can prove to yourself that these energy fields exist, well that could open up a whole slew of other questions/options, do you know where you are headed or are you just interested to see if it works at all?

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Ouroboros said:
there's a great book I once read, called the Energy Healing Experiments, detailing energy work... of course you know about reiki and that art... I used to have a lemurian seed crystal, although I think that was too easy to exploit vulnerabilities to get a genuine one... and I'm sure you've heard of the crystal skulls (even if not in culture but indiana jones had a movie about it as well)... the skulls with elongated backs of the heads found at the ancient sites... now actual skulls have been discovered. quite interesting, to say the least.

May I ask what it is you are looking for with the crystals? Such as, if you can prove to yourself that these energy fields exist, well that could open up a whole slew of other questions/options, do you know where you are headed or are you just interested to see if it works at all?
I've never heard of that book, but I may have to order it now lol. I'm not entirely sure what my end goal is here; the idea of crystals and their potential to expand consciousness fascinates me. It would be nice to be able to publish a paper on whatever evidence I find, be it for or against the crystals. If I had access to more expensive equipment then the possibilities would be much greater. For example I could look at exactly which areas of the brain are being activated when crystals are used in meditation. I may or may not film the experiments and put them on the Internet, the only jist I have with doing that is it brings in an outside electrical source.

kl.Lente

Kava Curious
I read a science fiction book once where crystals were the jump start to evolution into cells. Always struck me as plausible, you know, not being a scientist or anything.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Yeah, lets see these test results. I might want to do something with this to.

How will a candle effect this EMF meter? If I remember right a burning candle emits energy in the form of radiation that we can see. crystals+ candles= change the EMF field in a given area?

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Havnt been able to begin the testing quite yet but all of the supplies are in. I should be officially starting soon since summer is here and my schedule is opening up :) I'll keep you all posted once I get some results!

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Krunked...what cha dewin?

I'm twiddling my thumbs and hugging myself in a corner...waiting....

0_0 <-------- I'm lo0o0o0oking at you....

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Prob going to another week or two. I'm climbing Mt. Whitney this week so hopefully sometime soon after I get back the tests will be underway. I've got the area for testing all set up and everything

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I wish people still used instant messages. Your away message should be "brb, climbing a mountain"