What's new

Any heavy Kava you like right *now* ?

GenieOfTheLamp

Kava Curious
Any suggestions for a truly heavy-leaning kava that is available right now ? The several heavier roots I've enjoyed in the past are out of stock. Art of Kava's Kadavu and KWK's Boronguru would be the closest options I'm finding and I haven't particularly enjoyed the recent batches of either. Or the Kava Roots' stuff. GHK is out. I haven't had Stone for a year or so- anyone had it recently ? Wish I could get some of that AOK Koro...

Thank you !

edit: Thanks a ton for moving this where it won't be seen by those who can help, mods !

Last edited:

Mixnpickngrinnin

Kava Curious
Fiji Vanua Kava Vanuatu and Santa Cruz are both realllyyy heavy and quite potent. I'm also a big fan of the Kava Depots solomon Gold, which is 70% basal roots so feels a bit smoother but still heavy, where as the FVK offerings are lateral root heavy

kavaaa

Kavalier
Just got some N@H Stone a couple weeks ago and it's great. Can't tell a difference from the previous batches I've had. Ambae from Kava Time is another really good one. I just picked some up the other day and it's wonderful, as usual. Kava Time sometimes has another cultivar called Santo's Pride that is very heavy and potent as well.

As Mix said, Fiji Vanua's Santa Cruz is heavy. I don't find their Vanuatu to be very heavy at first, but it definitely gets heavy later on.

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
I wouldnt call it heavy but damu was a great fijan from art of kava. Slow burner that just turns into the best sleep

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Any suggestions for a truly heavy-leaning kava that is available right now ? The several heavier roots I've enjoyed in the past are out of stock. Art of Kava's Kadavu and KWK's Boronguru would be the closest options I'm finding and I haven't particularly enjoyed the recent batches of either. Or the Kava Roots' stuff. GHK is out. I haven't had Stone for a year or so- anyone had it recently ? Wish I could get some of that AOK Koro...

Thank you !

edit: Thanks a ton for moving this where it won't be seen by those who can help, mods !
Oh I can see it we've been working really hard on getting that koro back. With all the lockdowns and domestic travel bans etc it's been really rough. The people out there are about a 12hr ferry ride (each way). So being so remote they're a bit spooked about the whole covid thing and turtled a bit. We have a good relationship with them but communication is tough. That said were making progress to get it again.

Sorry the kadavu damu wasn't ur favorite. It's definitely not as strong as the Koro was. I love that stuff for sleep tho.

Well get there.

I'll make sure to keep an eye out for a true heavy elsewhere. It really is needed.

Thanks!

-Zac

Ps. If u ever have a wishlist...tag us. We listen.