What's new

Any med. grind over 9% kavalactone content?

kavasam

Kava Curious
I've been using kava for years, more recently daily, and wondered if there's any medium grind over 9% kavalactone content? All I can find at that level is Nambuwan and Stone which are both 9% according to their respective websites.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I've been using kava for years, more recently daily, and wondered if there's any medium grind over 9% kavalactone content? All I can find at that level is Nambuwan and Stone which are both 9% according to their respective websites.
There are plenty, you just need to do the leg work and find out.

Tip: Start with kavas from Vanuatu. Also check out the general price list, it won't give you KL% but it will give you chemotypes, which will give you a good idea in effects.

kavasam

Kava Curious
There are plenty, you just need to do the leg work and find out.

Tip: Start with kavas from Vanuatu. Also check out the general price list, it won't give you KL% but it will give you chemotypes, which will give you a good idea in effects.
I haven't found chemotypes to be much help. 2 or 3 of the ones I use have identical chemotypes but each act differently on me.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I haven't found chemotypes to be much help. 2 or 3 of the ones I use have identical chemotypes but each act differently on me.
They may have the same chemotype but it's the actual percentages that matter. A kava that is 3% kavain, 1.9% dhk and 1% dhm will have the same chemotype as if it was 2.5%, 2.4% and 1%. One will feel very different to the other so you do really need the percentages. Try Kava Depot, particularly Solomon's Headhunter.