What's new

Any word on the quality of Kava By Rex at the moment?

I've been reading through the posts, and it appears that most of the forum members agree that the potency of Kava By Rex's products aren't what they used to be.  Anyone purchased any as of late?

kl.pep

Kava Curious
Well, I can't speak for the past, as i'm newer to Kava, but have almost finished a pound of V3 and Tudei...I find the V3 makes me a bit aggitated, while the Tudei gives me a great buzz. I'm thinking it's not that potent though because i'm mixing 1 cup of powder to 8 cups of water all to myself...maybe i'm developing tolerance??

I'll be ordering more though.

kl.pep

Kava Curious
Ya that's what I thought, but i've been going through a  cup or so a day...so maybe it's not that great

kl.stevev

Kava Curious
you might not be straining enough. Test by nibbling on a bit on root after a strain. If it numbs a lot, well you know, strain more/save for later. If you strain well it should only numb a little after.

kl.pep

Kava Curious
thanks stevev for the suggestion...i'll give it a try as i've been going through quite a bit of powder.

kl.david

Hi to all,

I'm in the same boat as Hammock477.

I would like to buy Tongan Pride and Vanuatu3 (because Tudey is not anymore in stock), but I've read too many bad reviews about this vendor here.

I'm new to kava, the only experience I had is with a 40% kavalactones extract which has been a total failure because I felt nothing.

A new attempt with a low quality kava it is likely that will end up with a second failure.

Their prices are very cheap, but if the quality is poor, I prefer to spend 20-30 dollars more and buy the powder from other reputable sellers known to sell strong kavas.

Anyone can say something regarding the quality of the current batches of Tongan Pride and Vanuatu3 (the only ones available varieties at this time) ?

Thanks

I just ordered a batch of the Tongan Pride and Vanuatu3, and I'm about to prepare the latter. From my first glance, the root appears to be completely-powder, which is a contrast from most of the Kava I've purchased. I'm going to make a batch with 1/2 cup kava to two cups of water with a tsp of soy lecithin. I'm going to prepare it in a blender, and knead it for around 15 minutes in lukewarm water. I'll report back at the end of the night, or tomorrow.

kl.david

Thanks Hammock! I will wait for your reviews. Let me understand one thing...

I never had those kind of kava root powders on my hands and therefore I'm not able to understand well the required quantity for a nice session.

You talked about 1/2 cup of powder which I suppose that corresponds around 250 grams.

If I understood well one pound of kava is enough for no more than two mild sessions?

Is really so expensive ?

Thanks

I finished off the half a cup of kava about 30 minutes ago, and I feel great. Way better than I was expecting. I'm not a Kavassieur, but I can easily say that this Kava is a great deal for the money.

kl.pep

Kava Curious
yea, I had some V3 tonight (mixed in with some kona kava) and felt terrific. It may not be a fair assessment as the kona kava was mixed in with it. Normally i'\ve been doing the Tudei and V3 combo, and that is pretty stunning. I'm running low though on Tudei, so am using up my kona.

I will be getting another couple pounds from Rex as I see it being good value for the money spent.

kl.david

This is a great news. Considering than an ounce is enough for a nice experience, it's really a great deal for the money although looks like it is mild than other kavas sold.

I absolutely must try their Tongan and Vanuatu3 along with their ISA when will return in stock.

Thanks

I weighed the remainder in the bag, and it appears it was around 1.8oz, rather than the ounce I approximated earlier. The taste wasn't my favorite, but the buzz was very pleasant, and at one point it became slightly difficult to walk around my apartment. :)

kl.david

Mhhh...more than 50 grams for a strong session. I was wondering if an ounce can be still enjoyable or it is too much mild and hard to feel.

Did you tried the Tongan?

How does compare respect to Van3 and other strongest kavas ?

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
I have ordered several times from Rex, and I am very satisfied especially with Tongan Pride. Rex offers a great service and low prices. One of the best and trustable vendors.

Tried the Tongan Pride last night. 1.5oz gave me a great head-buzz. Very relaxing. I can't speak for the quality of his products in the past, but I'm satisfied with my purchase.

I love the quality of Kava by Rex. My favorites are the Tongan Pride and the Van3. And in my kava learning curve over the past nearly 4 years, I have learned enough to be able to sort out the BS from what is real. I've found that making a great batch of kava does not require much time or fuss. There's no need for lecithin for a strong batch. And one doesn't need to strain and squeeze it for long periods of time like, say, 10 or 15 minutes. I don't miss the times I got so krunk that I couldn't walk or talk right. One time I literally could NOT talk or walk due to decreased voluntary muscle control. And I've heard it reported by a few that using lecithin can be a contributor to kava dermopathy. Lecithin doesn't cause it, but it can make it happen more readily if one is drinking kava a lot and making hella strong batches. If anyone is interested in my basic, simple, and fairly quick approach to preparation, I'd be happy to share. Meanwhile, I'mma go put my Tongan pride to soak for a little bit. You know the rest. BULA!

I love the quality of Kava by Rex. My favorites are the Tongan Pride and the Van3. And in my kava learning curve over the past nearly 4 years, I have learned enough to be able to sort out the BS from what is real. I've found that making a great batch of kava does not require much time or fuss. There's no need for lecithin for a strong batch. And one doesn't need to strain and squeeze it for long periods of time like, say, 10 or 15 minutes. I don't miss the times I got so krunk that I couldn't walk or talk right. One time I literally could NOT talk or walk due to decreased voluntary muscle control. And I've heard it reported by a few that using lecithin can be a contributor to kava dermopathy. Lecithin doesn't cause it, but it can make it happen more readily if one is drinking kava a lot and making hella strong batches. If anyone is interested in my basic, simple, and fairly quick approach to preparation, I'd be happy to share. Meanwhile, I'mma go put my Tongan pride to soak for a little bit. You know the rest. BULA!