What's new

Any word on the quality of Kava By Rex at the moment?

I love the quality of Kava by Rex. My favorites are the Tongan Pride and the Van3. And in my kava learning curve over the past nearly 4 years, I have learned enough to be able to sort out the BS from what is real. I've found that making a great batch of kava does not require much time or fuss. There's no need for lecithin for a strong batch. And one doesn't need to strain and squeeze it for long periods of time like, say, 10 or 15 minutes. I don't miss the times I got so krunk that I couldn't walk or talk right. One time I literally could NOT talk or walk due to decreased voluntary muscle control. And I've heard it reported by a few that using lecithin can be a contributor to kava dermopathy. Lecithin doesn't cause it, but it can make it happen more readily if one is drinking kava a lot and making hella strong batches. If anyone is interested in my basic, simple, and fairly quick approach to preparation, I'd be happy to share. Meanwhile, I'mma go put my Tongan pride to soak for a little bit. You know the rest. BULA!

kl.pep4848

Kava Curious
I just recieved two pounds from Rex . Tongan Pride and Fiji Waka. I've gotta say this is really good stuff. I mean, the price you pay for a pound is almost half of some other vendors and is just as good...i wonder why Rex is priced so good?

uuku pi

Kava Enthusiast
Have you tried the Waka by itself ?? What's your ratio of water to powder? What is the grind like.? Thank you for any info you can give;)

kl.pep4848

Kava Curious
i haven't tried just the waka...i should as i like high dhm strains better. The grind is very fine. I use about 1250 ml of water (or about 5 cups of water). I then put in 2 tablespoons of tongan pride and then 4 of the waka (all heaping). I then throw it in the blender for 5 minutes and then strain it.