What's new

Anybody tried Tikarams?

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
One of the amazon kavas called Tikarams, it seems like a great deal. Even if its weak but noble it would be a good mixer with a stronger kava. They offer two kinds, Vanatau and Fiji Waka.

If youve tried it, let me know how it is and which of the 2 strains youve had.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Hey there. I've tried both. They're ok. They will do the job, but not much euphoria. The Vanuatu one is sooooooo extremely skunky and in my opinion, the skunk doesn't match up the with the effects. You'd think the skunkier, the harder it is, but that is only sometimes true.

This stuff is noble and safe, just not very good. If you need a cheapie strong kava get the Mood and Mind off of amazon. Their batches vary, but what they have right now is fresh and heavy and has good euphoria levels. Very good for sleep.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
I ordered Fiji, perhaps I'll be able to taste that, too. I often use almond milk for the 2nd wash but I also taste it as is (first wash with room temperature or tepid rather than hot water).

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
Adding to an old post, but I have had no option other than Tikarams the last few weeks and have unfortunately got to know it well.
The Vanuatu is exactly as Intrepidux says - strong waka taste but variable and short lived effect (I am mixing about 100g in 1.5 litres). The Fiji has a milder taste as expected but again a low level and slowly accumulating effect. No euphorics.
The main gripe I have with this kava is that I do not beleive it is clean - after 2-3 nights in a row I get sore eyes and bad dehydration no matter how much water I drink, which in 30 years I have only got from kava that had stalks mixed in, squeezed through a course sieve. I dont have access to ebay/amazon etc, but if I did have the choice that they provide, I would avoid this exporter.

PurimGrogger

Because "Shell Silverstein" was already taken
I've had the Tongan once or twice. Probably their best tasting. It's ok, but with a side effect/desired effect balance that can be improved.