What's new

Anyone else have trouble resisting taking a nap after kava?

RevRad

Kava Curious
No matter the cultivar (though I haven't tried THAT many) I always seem to pass out for 10-20 minutes an hour or so after kava, even if it's a fairly small amount. I don't mind it, it's nice to have a little nap, it feels good. It might also be because I don't have any obligations like work or appointments currently so I'm not as worried about sticking to a strict sleep schedule. I'm sure I COULD resist it and stay up if I had a very good reason to, but I don't generally.

What about you?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
No matter the cultivar (though I haven't tried THAT many) I always seem to pass out for 10-20 minutes an hour or so after kava, even if it's a fairly small amount. I don't mind it, it's nice to have a little nap, it feels good. It might also be because I don't have any obligations like work or appointments currently so I'm not as worried about sticking to a strict sleep schedule. I'm sure I COULD resist it and stay up if I had a very good reason to, but I don't generally.

What about you?
I totally get this. I drink kava to enhance my sleeping, so I drink about 20-30 minutes prior to bed. It's like a giant hand is pushing me down saying "GO TO SLEEP" that I just about can't fight.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor

What about you?
Like @Kapmcrunk I drink in the evening to help with sleep but I tend to drink a bit earlier before bed. I can have a few hours session and stay up until it's time to go. If it's treating me right that day then I'll sleep more or less straight away. If I've had anything too heady for me I might struggle.

FYS

Shell Shocked
Also a predominately evening drinker. Some definitely make me more sedated than others and while some will put me on the floor on occasion that usually has more to do with the events of the day than the awa itself though there are certainly times I've gotten nice and krunked and passed out prematurely. More often than not it more allows me to fall asleep easily when I need it to rather than actually putting me do sleep.

How is your sleep schedule and how long have you been taking using awa? Do you have a lot of anxiety and/or physical exertion throughout the day? Since you say the cultivar doesn't matter nor the dose it may be that you tend to pass out because you need the sleep and the effects of the awa just help you get there rather than it solely being because of the awa's effects.