What's new

Anyone had dermo like this?

blindy107

Kava Lover
Well these popped up on my neck and front torso this morning. They don't itch but are very flaky and red. My last batch of dermo was more generalized dryness. This seems very specific. It could be sometging else altogether though. Headed to doc soon if it doesn't respond to my treatments.

image.jpg

Aco651

Spiritual Empath Warrior
Have not researched dermo in depth much or had it myself but I would recommend emu oil, coconut oil(unrefined) and/or cbd oil. These oils are the strongest, safest and most healing oils known to man. Check out CBDemu oil by BrownsBotanicals. Its $55 with shipping for 1 ounce. My father uses it to ease his sciatica pain, however it penetrates the skin deeply and is rich in omega acids to help heal and moisturize the skin. Research for yourself. Hope this helps, peace!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@blindy107 I'm no doctor, but that looks more like ringworm to me. I've had dermapothy just about everywhere you can get it, and I haven't had any that looked like that.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Yeah, that's different. Allergic reaction, something else. Doesn't look like even the worst case of dermo I've had.

blindy107

Kava Lover
@blindy107 I'm no doctor, but that looks more like ringworm to me. I've had dermapothy just about everywhere you can get it, and I haven't had any that looked like that.
I thought it might be that as well but i don't think it's round enough. Per the internet reading. Some of them are very erratic shapes but I guess it possible. I haven't been around animals in months...or anything else I would think could cause it. If it doesn't clear this weekend I'll check it. Thanks @Kapmcrunk !

ShannyinSobriety

Kava Enthusiast
If you think it may be caused by dehydration- use some really good oil- like the emu oil which is AMAZING and get plenty of electrolytes. Electrolytes really help me when I get dried out.

R

Rookietwoshoes

Looks like ringworm to me. Try some over the counter fungal cream . Usually clears it right up.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
@blindy107 I'll second Pityriasis Rosea. My wife had that, and there's a key characteristic to it that might rule it out. Typically it starts with one spot, a so-called "herald patch" and then some time later (it varies) multiple patches appear.

blindy107

Kava Lover
@verticity and @Steve Mariotti you guys nailed it. It's scarier looking than it really is I guess! Thanks for all the inputs folks! It starts earlier than the herald patch with cold-like symptoms. I was in bed all last weekend with a cold (I thought) and then right on queue 4 days later I got the spots!

Apparently pretty common but it's quite scary to get home from work, hop in the shower and notice red spots all over! Haha. I was like "sweet, now what?!"

Thanks again!

verticity

I'm interested in things
Yeah, the spots are pretty alarming looking, but they will go away probably in a few weeks, no lasting harm done.