What's new

Anyone tried a Yogurt Strainer?

Osadandaula UK

Kava Enthusiast
I've been looking for a faster / neater way to make some grog when the kitchen is already in use and I don't want to make a load more mess. In my search for a solution I came across Yogurt makers. See links below. I can't see a mesh size but having a read about yogurt making 200mesh or 75 micron seems one of the must common. I guess it's a bit like the alluball method but they are very expensive over here, have there limitations and from what I hear don't last too long.

Any thoughts welcome.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
For portability, Kavafied's Aluball or Alubottle are the 2 best options to this day, imo. They have limitations but are tried and true to the degree to which they're meant for. I've owned more than one over the years.

Osadandaula UK

Kava Enthusiast
Maybe I should just bite the bullet and get one of those. Is the any difference other than one has a handy shell? The one without the shell is £30 where as the pro is £40, it seams a lot more just for a plastic shell...

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I think the pro is a little larger than the regular but otherwise it's the same thing. The smaller one has a spout to drink out of. Just a matter of preference.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Maybe I should just bite the bullet and get one of those. Is the any difference other than one has a handy shell? The one without the shell is £30 where as the pro is £40, it seams a lot more just for a plastic shell...
The PRO also has a much better curved, ball-shaped bottom on the shaker so that you almost cannot damage the ball while vigorously shaking. Worth it.