What's new

Anyone tried the most recent batch of Supreme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElKavallero

Kava Curious
I've been going to Supreme pretty constantly since it's been available, the most recent 4oz bag I got is distinctly different from the last. It's way lighter in color and taste, almost similar to N@H Wow or Nambawan. Curious if anyone has tried it / has feedback. There is a review on Amazon from today -claiming it is not noble. I don't know if I'd go that far, but it is definitely a different animal from the bag I literally just finished yesterday.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
What is your batch # ? The last order I got over the weekend was different than the previous. Lighter color, taste and not as sedating as I like. It probably has less lateral roots. Compared to the other stuff out there it's not that bad though. It always fluctuates between super strong and heavy to milder and more balanced depending on the batch and whatever is in the blend. That's also the case with pretty much every other product out there.

ElKavallero

Kava Curious
Sounds like we’re on the same page with this one, my batch number is 191902. Funny this is close to what I remember Supreme being when it first released and I was disappointed when it shifted to more sedating— albeit this is probably the headiest Supreme batch I’ve received. Seems I got used to the sedative variety and learned to like it that way in the end!

Still always good to know I’m not losing it

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Is it typical for non noble to keep people awake and last longer than 12 hours ?

I've noticed kava that are really sedating and heavy if over done will give me insomnia including this kava... that's the worst side effect I get from kava and it's a horrible one when you use it to sleep for work at 6 am

ElKavallero

Kava Curious
I've never knowingly consumed non-noble kava, but I've in 10+ years only ever purchased kava from the same 3-4 vendors. I can't say with certainty how pure they are every time because not every single batch can possibly be tested.

That's to say, there are strains that certainly keep me up at night, but none that produce insomnia. When my head hit's the pillow, kava puts me to sleep, but there have been those session where I can stay up and alert (albeit rocking or swaying a bit) indefinitely it seems.

Supreme has done this in the past-- but within the same exact bag it will also sometimes put me to sleep whether I want it or not. I really think that the mindset and energy level you go into a session with has a lot to do with the response. I have even at times felt a mild cocaine like rush from kava.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Is it typical for non noble to keep people awake and last longer than 12 hours ?
It's typical of non noble/tudei to be heavily sedating and last into the next day. Noble is much lower in the heavily sedating KLs and wears off faster. It's not out of the realm of possibility for a strong noble to deliver some effects for about 12 hours though. Back when we had good heavy kava, I could drink it in the evening and still feel the heavy KLs for the first few hours the next day. Except for a few exceptions kava has really become ineffective as a sleep aid over the past few years.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I have to agree ^ I use cannabis or cbd depending more often to help sleep now a days. Sometimes to combat the heart rate increase from kava when I over do it. Which leads to insomnia

Status
Not open for further replies.