What's new

Anything similar to Bula's Nambuwan?

kavasam

Kava Curious
I just placed my regular order a while ago and when I went to their site today I was shocked at the 30 percent price jump in a short time. It was always pricey but now it's unaffordable. $104 for a pound. I previously paid $78.

Why? I don't know, because he wants to? He recently opened a new kava bar, maybe he needed to jump prices because of that. I saw nothing indicating it's a Tonga derivative which would eventually impact their kava export pricing due to the volcano.

So, being unaffordable now does anyone have experience with it and something similar they can recommend?

Last edited:

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
I just placed my regular order a while ago and when I went to their site today I was shocked at the 30 percent price jump in a short time. It was always pricey but now it's unaffordable. $104 for a pound. I previously paid $78.

Why? I don't know, because he wants to? He recently opened a new kava bar, maybe he needed to jump prices because of that. I saw nothing indicating it's a Tonga derivative which would eventually impact their kava export pricing due to the volcano.

So, being unaffordable now does anyone have experience with it and something similar they can recommend?
Their regular nambawan is sold out they sell some micronized for the price you mention.

KavaKween

Kava Curious
I'm far from an expert on the various strains and origins- just an enthusiast that tries to find the best and most consistent suppliers. I love BKH's Nambawan, too. Maybe try KavaTime's Ambae.

ETA - it looks like they're out of stock, but I'm going to give the Santo's Pride a try.