What's new

Appetite suppressant

mitchwFSU

Kava Curious
Seems to really suppress my appetite. In small doses I just forget to eat, in larger doses I just feel full. Maybe it's also the water taking up stomach space. 8 cups (32 oz) in a couple hours. But when I was drinking beer I'd take 4-6 IPA's on a weeknight in 3 hours, so 48-72 oz and be hungry afterwards. Or maybe I'm taking to much.

I'm I even on the kava forum right now? Oh geez where's the couch...
::couch::

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
It's definitely an effect of the kava, especially with heavier strains...the fullness from liquid contributes, but I can start out hungry and completely lose my appetite after only one or two shells. Some people don't seem to get it as much as others, but it's generally considered part of the game. I've had a few light, heady strains that allowed for a bit more eating. And like you said, people can drink alcohol all night and still want to munch down hard.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
And like you said, people can drink alcohol all night and still want to munch down hard.
This was de rigeur in college. Long night of bar hopping and beer drinkin' (usually Shiner Bock) followed by 3am footlong at Subway to chase the hangover away.

mitchwFSU

Kava Curious
This was de rigeur in college. Long night of bar hopping and beer drinkin' (usually Shiner Bock) followed by 3am footlong at Subway to chase the hangover away.
Lol at FSU we had this place called Guthries drive through chicken baskets and fries, didn't open until midnight. Good times

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
In pre-missionary Hawaii one of the uses of 'awa beverage was weight loss, to "treat excessive weight" (Krauss, Beatrice- Plants in Hawaiian Culture University of Hawaii Press)

Steve Mariotti

Review Maestro
Lol at FSU we had this place called Guthries drive through chicken baskets and fries, didn't open until midnight. Good times
At UT Austin we had Party Barn, from which you could buy literally gallons upon gallons of beer and liquor without even leaving your car. Combine that with the keychain bottle opener and you have a recipe for a night of really poor judgment ahead of you.

Steve Mariotti

Review Maestro
In pre-missionary Hawaii one of the uses of 'awa beverage was weight loss, to "treat excessive weight" (Krauss, Beatrice- Plants in Hawaiian Culture University of Hawaii Press)
Ah, pre-missionary times. The age of unadulterated culture. Before the white man came and spread his moral discomfort all over the world.