What's new

are there any HSP (highly sensitive people)?

Space Cat

Hello,

I'm new here! I read a lot of you struggle with similar issues that I do: anxiety and alcohol (or substance) abuse. I'm glad to find my tribe of people who have found this kava plant to help to combat both and sho want to find better alternatives for their mental health. My anxiety is caused by a more specific neurological difference though: I'm an HSP. I'm sure there must be some others like me here as well. I'd like to find out how kava has helped you (or whether it hasn't) with regulating your moods. With HSP mood swings are normal and too much stimulation can make me grumpy or anxious. I used alcohol just a week ago, to calm my nerves and chased that relaxed state with being tipsy. Now I'm waiting for my kava to arrive and start using it instead. I know booze is not healthy and it's hard to quit, without anything that can relax my nerves and constant overthinking.

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
Yea, I'm HSP, ADHD, PTSD...and the main benefit of kava for me is that it dissolves the overthinking. That, and it reduces alcohol cravings massively. Wish more people in the community (general, not forums) knew about that benefit.