What's new

Autumnal general thread

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
What's in your tanoa this season, folkses?

After a tip from Krunkie, I'm mixing 50/50 waka and tongan. It is an excellent way to go, esp as it's not too heavy a mix to inhibit the creative work I do during my session. Using 4tbsp each Karan's + KavaPros Tongan, + 2 teaspoons of Root and Pestle instants (Kelai + Green on rotation). The smidge of instant really kicks it up a notch.

I did try to 'convert' to instant earlier this year, having had enough of chugging a litre of kava down at once, but this is the best way I've found to utilize it. Was taking 3 tbsp (in one go) and only just feeling it as a one dimensional hum in the background. But just a tiny bit really elevates the traditional experience, works beautifully for me.

Mixnpickngrinnin

Kava Curious
Autumnal threw me off for a second there... safe to say we reside in different hemispheres :)
I am drinking moslty Tongan these days.. Occasional Solomon or Vanuatu if I am feeling like i need a knockout punch...but once you are used to the smooth taste of most Tongans some other kavas become harder to tolerate for me... I have not really had a Fijian Kava wow me lately so i am open to suggestions. Good idea on the sprinkling of instant, i have never tried that but I will since im 99% traditional prep but do have some instant lying around.

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
Howdy all - after a longish break from kava I will be slamming some shells tonight! Going to try Kavapros and see how that goes.

Been a hell of a year...had some weird health issue that has been and gone which the doctors never got to the bottom of, but I decided to stay off kava just in case (my ALT and AST levels were slightly elevated above normal, didn't want to risk anything with kava).

Unfortunately I haven't been sleeping well the last few nights (had a sleep maintenance problem about a year ago that lasted a couple months, seems to have reared it's ugly head again).

Got nothing to lose, so heavy kava it is! Finished my swim for day, currently at work, and will slam 35g of Kavapros Savusavu kava after work and drop a report tomorrow!

Hope every is doing well ::chugger::::shaka::

Any new kavas hit the market since I have been gone? Do we have a variety like they do in the USA with flavoured sachet kava and kava candies?

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
Nice to see you back @Sunset_squash67!
Unfortunately I haven't been sleeping well the last few nights (had a sleep maintenance problem about a year ago that lasted a couple months, seems to have reared it's ugly head again).
As the worst sort of insomniac (can't sleep at all without multidrugs) I relate. A recent discovery for me was inositol, doesn't work for everybody, but worth looking into. Was a breakthrough for me that's halved my meds dose each night. Hooray for less pharmaceuticals.
Any new kavas hit the market since I have been gone? Do we have a variety like they do in the USA with flavoured sachet kava and kava candies?
Haven't seen any, except the weird fizzy one that was on the market even before Aus went legal--can't remember the name, Max's something? Not worthwhile.

Like to hear how you go with the Savusavu! Folks say its a good strong one but weirdly I don't get results from it at all...my body has a kava blinkers on some varieties I think! I like Kava Pros though, their Tongan is pretty consistent.

Sunset_squash67

Aus kava enthusiast
Nice to see you back @Sunset_squash67!

As the worst sort of insomniac (can't sleep at all without multidrugs) I relate. A recent discovery for me was inositol, doesn't work for everybody, but worth looking into. Was a breakthrough for me that's halved my meds dose each night. Hooray for less pharmaceuticals.

Haven't seen any, except the weird fizzy one that was on the market even before Aus went legal--can't remember the name, Max's something? Not worthwhile.

Like to hear how you go with the Savusavu! Folks say its a good strong one but weirdly I don't get results from it at all...my body has a kava blinkers on some varieties I think! I like Kava Pros though, their Tongan is pretty consistent.
Oh I will have to look into inositol. Apparently it is really good for ocd too (which I also have), so its on the list.

The kavapros was definitely up there - strong stuff. Surprised you didn't get any effect from the savusavu as it is definitely there. Will actually have a brew tonight might up the dose to 40g see how that goes...

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
Oh I will have to look into inositol. Apparently it is really good for ocd too (which I also have), so its on the list.

The kavapros was definitely up there - strong stuff. Surprised you didn't get any effect from the savusavu as it is definitely there. Will actually have a brew tonight might up the dose to 40g see how that goes...
pm an addy if you want half a bag of the savu, sunset. happy to gift it to you as a top up, tried a couple of nights at my ceiling this week and still not responding.