What's new

Avocado extraction?

Bjorn Bjarguson

Kava Curious
Beginner(ish) here, I heard you can extract kavalactones with fats. avocadoes supposedly have 21g fat per cup, I was thinking about adding some pureed avocado to water and cold-brewing kava overnight in the fridge, in a closed tea bag. What do you guys think? Would this work at all, or would it work better if I did something different?

I was also wondering about making a super potent cold brew and adding small amounts of it to other drinks(non-alcoholic ones). Kind of a logical mosh-pit in this post, but what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Beginner(ish) here, I heard you can extract kavalactones with fats. avocadoes supposedly have 21g fat per cup, I was thinking about adding some pureed avocado to water and cold-brewing kava overnight in the fridge, in a closed tea bag. What do you guys think? Would this work at all, or would it work better if I did something different?

I was also wondering about making a super potent cold brew and adding small amounts of it to other drinks(non-alcoholic ones). Kind of a logical mosh-pit in this post, but what do you guys think?
I think water works 99% as well all the time and that 1% of trying to potentiate the extraction is a waist of time. Use less water, make it stronger. Mission accomplished. Welcome to KF.