What's new

Bacopa for kava stimulation

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Bacopa tincture is an amazing tool for when kava is too stimulating for someone...
I've been using it to take the edge off since I've been having more adrenal issues and it is a miracle cure for kava induced agitation / stimulation !

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
Did you make the tincture yourself? This is the first I'm hearing of it but I'm always interested in ayurvedic herbs.

AvaCat

Kava Curious
Are you using this for kavas residual stimulant effects? I get rebound effects after kava wears off which include increased heart rate making it hard to sleep. Would this help with that?

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Mrbinx, I notice basically the opposite over time. I have heard of a few others who have your experience though. I'm curious if you personally get a tolerance to kava long term? I do get one to an extent so I'm wondering maybe if you only have reverse tolerance and not regular then maybe that's why your getting more edgey over time

Last edited:

Kava Wolf

Prowling for Kava
I'm still really new to Kava...about a month or so since first starting. I've had the agitation/stimulation problem as well. I thought it was maybe because I'm new and haven't been consuming it for a long period of time yet. It doesn't seem to matter whether it's heady or heavy...I still seem to get agitated easily after consuming. I was actually hoping for the opposite when I decided to go the Kava route over alcohol and/or anxiety meds. I plan to keep going with Kava, and will try different vendors and types as to hopefully find the perfect mix for my needs. Glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem.