What's new

Bad batch or something?

M

mlenny

Something very strange is happening to me. The last several times I had some (Stone from N@H, pretty low dose), I've gotten really anxious, feeling really cold, and a pretty significant raise in blood pressure (I mean like 150+/100+). I don't have a history of high blood pressure. I have had kava many times in the past, including the same variety from the same company, and never had anything like this happen. I am truly at a loss to explain this. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Matthew

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Something very strange is happening to me. The last several times I had some (Stone from N@H, pretty low dose), I've gotten really anxious, feeling really cold, and a pretty significant raise in blood pressure (I mean like 150+/100+). I don't have a history of high blood pressure. I have had kava many times in the past, including the same variety from the same company, and never had anything like this happen. I am truly at a loss to explain this. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Matthew
Has the same thing happened with other kavas? If not or you are not sure, maybe it's worth a shot.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
No, never. I don't get it.
Could be a bad batch or something was off with you, was the strainer rinsed properly? Also sometimes your body just doesn't want kava, specially if you have a low body infection (like a cold), you may not even notice it.

There have been times that as far as I was concerned, I felt fine and then drank kava and would either throw up or feel queasy, it was the same stuff I drank all the time. Sometimes your gut disagrees with your head and u don't find out till' it's too late, lol.

M

mlenny

Could be a bad batch or something was off with you, was the strainer rinsed properly? Also sometimes your body just doesn't want kava, specially if you have a low body infection (like a cold), you may not even notice it.

There have been times that as far as I was concerned, I felt fine and then drank kava and would either throw up or feel queasy, it was the same stuff I drank all the time. Sometimes your gut disagrees with your head and u don't find out till' it's too late, lol.
I do have multiple batches. Once it's completely worn off I can try a low dose of one of the others and see what happens. Seems like the best way to tiebreak.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

Well said. Knowing where that kava comes from and how it's processed, a bad batch is actually rare. They've gotten militant in their quality control.

M

mlenny

Update: I let it completely wear off and then tried an equivalent dose of a different batch I got from Amazon. I didn't get the same unpleasant reaction I had to the N@H earlier. Back to normal.