What's new

Bath Salts for Dermopathy

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
......would be an awesome name for a band.

Otherwise though I just thought I would share. I get dermopathy pretty bad on my feet. That's where it starts anyway. If I really push my luck I get it on my hands too. But its worse on my feet. In the past Ive used "O'Keefs healthy feet" as recommended by kapmkrunk, with more or less success. But I was on the googles the other day and came across an article stating that bathsalts (the soaking kind not the face eating kind) are actually good for removing dead skin. I went through my girlfriend's basket of mystery in the bathroom and found some. So I soaked for about 20 minutes, padded down, and went to bed. In the morning there really was a significant improvement. What had been peeling and disgusting was actually about 75% healed. I just did round two to see if there will be additional improvement. But I just thought I would throw it out there in case anyone else was going through something simlar. Definitely worth a try.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Try amlactin, shit actually works to both cure and prevent it. I just got over the WORST case of dermopathy a person could have (really, I dare anyone on this board to try and compete with it) and it totally cleared me up.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Try amlactin, shit actually works to both cure and prevent it. I just got over the WORST case of dermopathy a person could have (really, I dare anyone on this board to try and compete with it) and it totally cleared me up.
It burns with the wrath of a thousand angry gods if you get it in a raw patch of dermopathy. Just a heads up. But it does work. Very well.

infraredz

BULA!
......would be an awesome name for a band.

Otherwise though I just thought I would share. I get dermopathy pretty bad on my feet. That's where it starts anyway. If I really push my luck I get it on my hands too. But its worse on my feet. In the past Ive used "O'Keefs healthy feet" as recommended by kapmkrunk, with more or less success. But I was on the googles the other day and came across an article stating that bathsalts (the soaking kind not the face eating kind) are actually good for removing dead skin. I went through my girlfriend's basket of mystery in the bathroom and found some. So I soaked for about 20 minutes, padded down, and went to bed. In the morning there really was a significant improvement. What had been peeling and disgusting was actually about 75% healed. I just did round two to see if there will be additional improvement. But I just thought I would throw it out there in case anyone else was going through something simlar. Definitely worth a try.
Sounds like there's a keratolytic effect from them which is one of the reasons that AmLactin works so well. Was it just epsom salts or some fancy girly stuff?

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
Sounds like there's a keratolytic effect from them which is one of the reasons that AmLactin works so well. Was it just epsom salts or some fancy girly stuff?

It was primarily magnesium sulfate, but had a few other things in there as well like vitamin e. I've never tried regular Epsom salts, but I think it's similar.

D

Deactivated Account

Odd ive just read this. Ive a new magnesium / potassium pool, ive been in it 2-3 times a day this week as its very hot here. Ive just finished 1 kg of waka & to be honest ive been thinking how little skin issues ive had. Wonder if the pool had any bearing ?