What's new

Powdered Kava Review Beqa's Sanctuary 16 Oz

ThePiper

Kava Lover
This kava has a tan color to the powder but when you knead it into a grog it is surprisingly dark. I kind of associate the dark kavas with heaviness and in some cases side effects but I guess I was wrong because this kava is friendly and forgiving. I was surprised that the flavor is extremely mild for such a dark brew as well. It isn't particularly bitter or peppery. This would make a great sleep or relaxation tool. It has some similarities to nene in the medicinal attributes and gentleness. They are not the exact same effects at all but if you like nene you will probably enjoy this one. I wasn't in a high anxiety state when I tried this one but I imagine it would be great for anxiety because it is so calm and tranquil. An aid to meditation perhaps too because it is "quiet" rather than being chatty or intoxicatingly heavy. Gives you that "everything is going to be okay" kind of feel without any other nonsense. I almost want to call it heady because even though it doesn't have that energizing talkative feeling that you expect from a heady kava, most of the tranquil effects are in the head rather than the body. There's some body to it though, a little more than with nene. There is no feelings of tension or pressure in the head that some kavas have been doing to me lately. Unique medicinal kava. I am strongly considering ordering a full pound. It's sort of rare in the effects that it instills in me. I am curious if these effects can be attributed in part to methysticin, because it certainly doesn't seem to be what I expect from high kavain or yangonin varieties.