What's new

Powdered Kava Review Best Fiji Kava - Waka

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Of the 3 BFK kavas I tried, this one was the closest to being 'well-balanced'. It's a nice middle of the road kava for daily drinking. Not too special, not too boring, not too weak and not too strong. (is there such a thing ?) ;) It tastes and smells a bit better than the Vanuatu, but not as good as the Lawena...that's to be expected though.

I found mixing it with the Lawena to be the most enjoyable. With it, I could get a sense of the full spectrum of kava effects. Because of this, it's most likely the one I would purchase again, despite none of them being quite potent enough to ever completely take me away.
They also sell a 'premium' waka that I've yet to try. Perhaps it's either more potent or has a different chemotype...

So far, all their kavas are testing within the presumed noble range, which is awesome. And you can't beat the price anywhere, $20-25 for a pound of noble kava. I'm not sure how long those prices will last, so get it while the gettin' is good. (y)
::kavaleaf::
-BFK Lawena review
-BFK Vanuatu review

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

Good review Shakas, straight from the Bargain Bin. Maybe you should start stocking some of it at Shakas Macas. You could sell "Dime Bags". :D

Steve T

Kava Enthusiast
Hey did anyone confirm if this vendor tested noble, and for which kavas? I would like to try it sometime. Thanks!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I was going to post a review of my recent purchase of this but it basically matches everything shakas said here, pretty much exactly. It's a decent acceptable everyday drinking kava. Just fine for quotidian purposes, IMO, and yeah, better when mixed with lawena, 2:1, 3:1 or 4:1 depending on mood. I found nothing objectionable about this grind at all except maybe that it isn't special or premium in any sense. But kava is good and this is kava, so this is good.

I will add that their service was good, root came in 2 days. It's not a ziplock package but that's ok, it looks more like a packet of bulk spices you would buy in an Asian food store, which is basically what they sell.

I also like the ominous tone after placing an order: "Dear customer, Thank you very much for the Payment.
One of our representative will be in your touch soon!

Tahal Enterprises"