What's new

Best heavy kava available today

Palmetto

Thank God!
Hey everyone, I am looking to buy a heavy powder and strong this week. Something like a 246xxx or 264xxx preferably. I've tried KwK Boroguru, Wow, Stone, Hanikapi Ai, Tongan Pride, Kula, Nangol Noble, 11 year waka, many Borogus....Is there another heavy that is on the market this week that I am missing?

Palmetto

Thank God!
Kadavu was okay, but I haven't found a Fijian that I love. Papa Kea always makes me jittery instead of relaxed. Never figured that out. I do like Nangol Noble. Maybe I'll try Kava supreme.

I'm dying to see some heavy Vanuatuans, Akau huli, Opihikao come out on the market. It seems like a few years ago, heavy Vanuatu cultivars were plentiful and cheap, but I was just getting into kava then.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
The one time I tried N@H's blacksand was a nice evening thing. Have you tried Hiwa or
Honokane Iki ? Have you tried Eua? if so Kavafied I thought had some. I miss it to easily in the top 7 i've had so far.

I'm finding that a bit more than a large side of medium for Papa Ele is relaxing. I don't know if you've tried that one or not.

Palmetto

Thank God!
Eua is nice, as is Honokane Iki, but both pretty kavain strong and heady for me. I had a lb of HGK Hiwa, and it was good, but didn't seem strong or blow me away. N@H Black Sand, I tried a lb or two, but it's a weaker version of Stone in my book. Maybe my problem is that I cut back my dosages in the last 2 moths, because the heady cultivars I've been drinking seem to give me asthma, which I don't seem to have when not drinking them. Kavain can cause some nonspecific mast cell (immune) response, so perhaps that's the cause, I don't know.

Most recently, I've been drinking Papa Ele Ele, Kumakua, and Mo'i. I really like Kumakua. I just wish it was stronger. The grind is mostly very fine.

The funny thing is that a year ago, I thought that Papa Ele Ele was heavier than how it seems now. I know there are batch variations, but maybe moreso my response varies. Anyone else notice this?

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Hey everyone, I am looking to buy a heavy powder and strong this week. Something like a 246xxx or 264xxx preferably. I've tried KwK Boroguru, Wow, Stone, Hanikapi Ai, Tongan Pride, Kula, Nangol Noble, 11 year waka, many Borogus....Is there another heavy that is on the market this week that I am missing?
Besides those, hmm. Kava Supreme is great. Kava Time's Kadavu waka is pretty heavy for a Fijian. Mahakea is a solid heavy-ish performer, and it's Hawaiian.

If you can still get it, Vanuatu Kava Store / Noble Kava / KavaTerra's ahouia was solid, though I haven't since Pam :(

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Eua is nice, as is Honokane Iki, but both pretty kavain strong and heady for me. I had a lb of HGK Hiwa, and it was good, but didn't seem strong or blow me away. N@H Black Sand, I tried a lb or two, but it's a weaker version of Stone in my book. Maybe my problem is that I cut back my dosages in the last 2 moths, because the heady cultivars I've been drinking seem to give me asthma, which I don't seem to have when not drinking them. Kavain can cause some nonspecific mast cell (immune) response, so perhaps that's the cause, I don't know.

Most recently, I've been drinking Papa Ele Ele, Kumakua, and Mo'i. I really like Kumakua. I just wish it was stronger. The grind is mostly very fine.

The funny thing is that a year ago, I thought that Papa Ele Ele was heavier than how it seems now. I know there are batch variations, but maybe moreso my response varies. Anyone else notice this?
How I feel cup to cup this week so far...up to now has been one day it's fine. a little latter just...weird and off somehow. I simply don't know why. I do know that I don't like to do Kava on a empty stomach especially in the morning. Simply doesn't work for me. FOr what ever reason if I'm in the mood for (or perhaps need?) a bit of Kava durring the day the ones i've had so far "click" with a good breakfast. Otherwise yeah how I feel is totally all over the place as well. I simply don't know why. Papa Ele is the one that for me is like that bit more than Kamakua. Hanaki AI(SP) is the most consistent of what I have so far.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
I've been mixing BHK's Nambawan and Nangol half-and-half. VERY nice.

Anyone know if the latest batches of N@H's Stone are OK? I've been away for a while. Last I heard (and experienced),
it was tainted with tudei.

Palmetto

Thank God!
Nangol is a better version of Nambawan in my opinion, but some people love the pure kavain dull rush of Nambawan. A former coworker ordered Nambawan off of my suggestion to help her sleep, and she became exceedingly fond of her new sleep patterns, amidst many personal struggles already in her life.

Palmetto

Thank God!
I finished a recent bag of Stone last week. It didn't seem tudei to me, but I've had so very little known tudei, that I might not be the best judge.

Honolulusurfer88

Kava Curious
I've been mixing BHK's Nambawan and Nangol half-and-half. VERY nice.

Anyone know if the latest batches of N@H's Stone are OK? I've been away for a while. Last I heard (and experienced),
it was tainted with tudei.
I've continued to buy N@H despite the tudei controversy, but I do tread lighter with it than before. It is very hard to describe how I feel about the newer batches -they feel similar but different. On one hand, I don't feel headiness from the newer batches (which has always been my favorite part of kava and stone in particular), but the next day I am way more wiped out than I ever used to be on the old stone, which I believe many suggest as a sign of tudei. Take that with a grain of salt - it's just my subjective comparison. For what it's worth, somebody did their own acetone test in July for the N@H kavas here

Palmetto

Thank God!
@Honolulusurfer88 For me, the best way to tell about admixture is whether if I workout the next day, and really dread using my muscles, then I think it might be tainted. N@H Wow gave me that feeling, but Kalm with Kava Borongoru didn't, despite them supposedly being mostly the same cultivar. Tha tbeing said, I get a slight feeling of that from known nobles Kumakua and Papa Ele Ele, but only a fraction as much.

To me, the distinction between noble and tudei is a spectrum with a semi arbitrary line drawn between them. I honestly wish I could obtain a kava with < 1% DHM, but high DHK. If only there was a DHK spiked extract of Kumakua.....that would be awesome.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
@Honolulusurfer88N@H Wow gave me that feeling, but Kalm with Kava Borongoru didn't, despite them supposedly being mostly the same cultivar
Do we know where N@H Wow comes from? As far as I know, they get their kava John Fordham, who of course buys kava from north Pentecost. That doesn't necessarily mean it's the same cultivar as KWK's gardens in north Pentecost.

D

Deleted User01

@Honolulusurfer88 To me, the distinction between noble and tudei is a spectrum with a semi arbitrary line drawn between them. I honestly wish I could obtain a kava with < 1% DHM, but high DHK. If only there was a DHK spiked extract of Kumakua.....that would be awesome.
I have been doing a lot of Kumakua and to me, it is strictly heady. However, try mixing some Kumakua with Boronguru from KWK, and I think you might get what you are looking for.

Palmetto

Thank God!
Kavafied Vanuatu Select is rather nice. It doesn't grab you right away like some kavas do, but it doesn't have any obvious flaws, and it gets you where you need to go.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
I've continued to buy N@H despite the tudei controversy, but I do tread lighter with it than before. It is very hard to describe how I feel about the newer batches -they feel similar but different. On one hand, I don't feel headiness from the newer batches (which has always been my favorite part of kava and stone in particular), but the next day I am way more wiped out than I ever used to be on the old stone, which I believe many suggest as a sign of tudei. Take that with a grain of salt - it's just my subjective comparison. For what it's worth, somebody did their own acetone test in July for the N@H kavas here
The last batch of Stone I had (earlier this year) was AWFUL. Got pretty nice effects from it but I got lots of nausea from it, and
the next day I inevitably felt like CRAP. Haven't bought it since.

But I sure do miss it. There's just nothing like a Stone buzz. Maybe it's just me but it is by far the most euphoric kava I've ever had.

My current half-and-half mix of Nambawan and Nongol is pretty close though! I highly recommend it.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
I finished a recent bag of Stone last week. It didn't seem tudei to me, but I've had so very little known tudei, that I might not be the best judge.
It's been a couple years, but i've had stone, pure Hawaiian-grown Isa, and N@H "Solomon". Never had Chief's Jungle.

Stone tastes and feels like regular niVanuatu grind that's cut heavily with Isa. Solomon tasted like straight Isa. None of them felt like kastom medicinal kava. They just knock you down, but don't really make you feel wise or want to listen.

And as a heavy kava aficionado, let me tell you that NONE of those even come close to "euphoric" for me. Euphoria comes from Polynesian roots. Deep krunk is Melanesian.