What's new

Kava Preparation Best Kava for providing energy/motivation/euphoria

kavagirl37

Kava Curious
Hi all,

Looking for Kava to drink in the morning to provide energy and motivation with little to no sedation. Something you can sip on all day without getting too burnt out and tired. Any recommendations, preferably micronized. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kavakavaking

OceanOfKava
moi , borongoru, hawaiian kavas tend to be more heady and wear off faster. id go the borongoru great balanced kava you can drink all day into the evening.

here's the test resalta from latest batch i resevied also i came across i nice micro instant on ebay from the same vender/ebay . not sure of strain but i also have the test results and very close to the borongoru
Kava extract assay:

Chlorophyll Content Not Detected

Methysticin 13.47%

Dihydromethysticin 14.81%

Kawain 22.22

Dihydrokawain 26.26

Yangonin 15.49

Desmethoxyyangonin 7.74%

Borongoru kava assay:

Chlorophyll Content Not Detected

Methysticin 6.99%

Dihydromethysticin 9.65%

Kawain 27.27%

Dihydrokawain 31.75%

Yangonin 16.22%

Desmethoxyyangonin 8.11%

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hi all,

Looking for Kava to drink in the morning to provide energy and motivation with little to no sedation. Something you can sip on all day without getting too burnt out and tired. Any recommendations, preferably micronized. Thanks!

Those would most likely be plain lawenas (and some are excellent!), or Kava Tonga of any type except Pouni Ono which is kinda sleepy (for me, anyway, ymmv), or the Rahmwanger sakau from Pohnpei. Some 'awas are good for daytime, like Mahakea. And of course there is always the option of simply taking a regular kava and making it weaker by upping the water ratio. Finally, I am a big fan of blending kavas to make them lighter, so I recommend trying mixing cheap Kava Tonga like Tikaram's with cheap Fijian waka. That will do exactly what you ask and if you want to ramp up the euphoria, just drop the water ratio till you are feeling. 400 ml water to 4 TBS in a double ball or bag rig do it for me.

kavagirl37

Kava Curious
Those would most likely be plain lawenas (and some are excellent!), or Kava Tonga of any type except Pouni Ono which is kinda sleepy (for me, anyway, ymmv), or the Rahmwanger sakau from Pohnpei. Some 'awas are good for daytime, like Mahakea. And of course there is always the option of simply taking a regular kava and making it weaker by upping the water ratio. Finally, I am a big fan of blending kavas to make them lighter, so I recommend trying mixing cheap Kava Tonga like Tikaram's with cheap Fijian waka. That will do exactly what you ask and if you want to ramp up the euphoria, just drop the water ratio till you are feeling. 400 ml water to 4 TBS in a double ball or bag rig do it for me.
Thanks. I tried the Pouni which folks seem to say is a good daytime kava but it also made me sleepy. And it also gave me the munchies bad! Lol. I will try some of the others you suggest next

kavagirl37

Kava Curious
Yeah, Mahakea is good absolutely any time, which means it’s perfectly suited for a daytime kava.
Does gourmet Hawaiian kava ship to Canada? I noticed I could add their kava to my cart but if I selected international order it says sold out? Also I tried to order from them a year or so ago and my money just got refunded.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Does gourmet Hawaiian kava ship to Canada? I noticed I could add their kava to my cart but if I selected international order it says sold out? Also I tried to order from them a year or so ago and my money just got refunded.

Can’t say for sure. Probably have to @ Chris for this one. If you leave a message in the GHK area he should see it.

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
I'm not sure if they ship to Canada, but I've seen more than one experienced drinker rate Kelai as the headiest kava they've ever had. Note that prices on their website are in NZD.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Thanks. I tried the Pouni which folks seem to say is a good daytime kava but it also made me sleepy. And it also gave me the munchies bad! Lol. I will try some of the others you suggest next

Pouni probably makes me sleepy more than any other kava I have tried. Love the flavour, and it feels great, but I am usually sawing logs in a couple of hours or desperately wanting to.

Mo'iety

Kava Enthusiast
I can't believe no one mentioned Mo'i from GHK yet. It's definitely what you're looking for, more heady and euphoric than their Mahakea. Kelai from Kava Society NZ should also be good, and since you're not in the US, the shipping cost difference between the two might be less.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Tongan from kavafied is fairly uplifting. moi from gourmet Hawaiian kava is also stimulating. Pouni Ono from kalm with for kava is stimulating to me.

EmeraldKava3690

Kava Curious
I'm not too new to Kava [had a beautiful Kava Bar near me where I used to live] but I am relatively new to shopping for my own Kava online. I've tried a few strains from KalmKava which were effective. I went back and bought their supposedly two most heady strains, Pouni Ono and Fiji Waka, and although definitely find them to be more stimulating than the others, do detect a bit of sleepiness in the Pouni Ono, which is said to be their most stimulating one. Oddly, I found there micronized Pouni Ono to be extremely potent and stimulatory, but there medium-grind to be more sedating...any reason for this? Either way I will check through these stains, always looking for a good boost!