What's new

Best Muscle Relaxant

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
What is everyone's favorite muscle relaxer. Boroguru seems to be the best so far but I need an alternative as well. Anything come close to Boroguru? Stone is probably 2nd for me.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Just a muscle relaxer or muscle relaxer to reduce pain?

For just a muscle relaxer I'd pick either Boroguru or Paradise Hawaiian

For a pain killer I'd pick Isa

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks vekta

But I thought pk Hawaiian was mostly kavain?

I don't remember getting any muscle relaxing effect from it.

I have kbr Isa arriving tomorrow I'm gonna try.

I have the 9-year isa from pk but I only get mild effects.

The Fijian from pk and kbr sound promising too

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
In my experiance PK Hawaiian was very well balanced. It isn't the best at any one thing but it's no slouch either. It sounds like you're going for something a little more specialized. While PK Hawaiian is a very good kava, specialized it is not. In this case I'd take Boroguru first and PK Hawaiian second.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
I'll have to give the hawaiian another shot, i think i still have some left. i tried it 2 or 3 times but dont remember a strong reaction

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
I'd say you have same opinion on the matter as me. Boroguro seems to be the most muscle relaxing with stone a close second, stone is my favorite as it is the most sedating and hypnotic kava I've come across. I also agree with Vecta that isa/tudei is a good painkiller but can be a little overkill for just relaxing muscles, unless we're talking about KBR's most recent batches which as are a little lower than boroguro. I think chief's is also a good muscle relaxant and a great root all around, I love the pine flavor as well.

kl.CharlieE1992

Kava Curious
Hi guys I'm new to kava, received my first tester batch of root powder so looking forward to trying it later today or tomorrow!

The muscle relaxant properties of kava are what interested me about it initially, as I suffer from a muscular medical problem. I've read that the peak of the kava effects don't last overly long, I was wondering though how long the relaxed muscles effect lingers for from say the boroguru strain?

Think that's the type ill be next ordering.

Thanks!

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
dhm based kavas like boroguru seem to last quite a while for me. i would say boroguru lasts anywhere from 4-8 hours i would guess. usually the kavain head effects of different kavas seem to fade faster than that for me, but the dhm muscle relaxing seems to stick around longer.

kl.terminvate

Kava Curious
I've had luck with boroguru. It seems to upset my stomach somewhat though. Is that due to the DHM content? Its not unbearable, but its noticeable. If I could find a strain that didn't do that, I'd be set.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
If you have stomach problems with the fine grind version then try straining it with a finer strainer. I used the muslin bag and it removed most of the grind when the fijian strainer didnt.

I had stomach problems with the fijian strainer because I was drinking too much of the root, but I think its better with the muslin strainer. I'll have to test again but it looks promising.

The muslin strainer is a pain to work with but worth it if it stops the pain.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
Just revisited Chiefs Jungle after a long time. I had a great reaction to it. I remember the first time I didnt like it, room spinning and nauseous, but this time its great. Mostly body effect and dont feel too altered, not nauseous at all. working nicely as a muscle relaxant.

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
Welcome to the Jungle.

I find Chiefs Jungle very relaxing physically with almost no head effect.

kl.AMKR

Didnt realize you meant type of kava - haha. not sure if that kind of discussion (even though it was all Rx'd from a doc) is allowed so ill stop while im ahead haha.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
You can talk about perscription drugs, so long as it is in the context of kava.

Here's an example...

A few years ago, I had hemeroids removed surgically. Hurt like hell. Doctor prescribed not-enough Percocet. I used kava during the day to control the pain, and only used the Percocet at night only because the kava wore off before bed time was over.