Of all the kavas you've tried what are your favorites for:
1. Sociability
2. Best focusing on thought
3. Krunk the hell out of me...I don't want to walk straight
4. I need to sleep
5. My body aches
6. My day sucked, get me out of here

My own selections out of about 7 kavas I've tried are:
1. Anything heady, but ironically at higher doses a Fijian waka (which tastes like sht).
2. KBR Vanuatu 3 (although it's not so strong)
3. MAybe Wow blend with Tongan Pride and Van 3 or Papa Kea
4. Nambawan surprisingly worked well
5. Still waiting to notice this one. Even Papa Kea didn't seem to have an effect for me.
6. hmmm

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
1: Fuu
2: Waka Waka
3: Solomon Islands
4: borogoru
5: kava has never done much for my body aches.
6: Moi

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
1. Sociability
4. I need to sleep
5. My body aches
1. I don't do sociable, drink alone at home :) . Most kavas make me feel more talkative anyway.
2. Not sure, I can always focus on thought.
3. BKH 11 yr waka hands down, a little bit extra of that takes a "hmm, nice" to a "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, what?!"
4. As above or Nene but the 11 yr waka is better. I'm finding I sleep really well on most kavas these days.
5. Quick Kava Powder from VKS, I seem to feel this one really well in the body.
6. As 3

Not many med grinds in there, that's odd. I drink quite a lot of med grinds when I get the chance but for the above situations I know what I need.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
1. Sociability
4. I need to sleep
5. My body aches
1. Solomon Islands or Tudei
2. Solomon Islands or Pouni Ono
3. Chief's Jungle or Vanuatu Tudei
4. Half cup of Tongan or Fijian root with a cup of chamomile tea twenty minutes before bed
5. Stone
6. Tudei

Palmetto

Thank God!
Interesting responses. Not exactly a consensus, but definitely food for thought on the rationales for each.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Interesting responses. Not exactly a consensus, but definitely food for thought on the rationales for each.
Everyone would give slightly different answers and we all have our go to's for certain situations. I don't drink a lot of BKH 11 yr waka even though I've mentioned it quite a bit in the list. I don't generally have a feeling/problem that needs addressing when I drink kava, I just go by what I feel like at the time but if I am looking for a specific feeling as your list then I know what works best.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
You can't really get a consensus because not everyone responds the exact same way to any particular kava and the effects you get can be a bit dose dependent too.
You can just use the general guideline of there being Head-centric kava, balanced kava and body-centric kava...with a sliding scale in between those. Full head-centric will be lighter, easier on the stomach, more uplifting, much less sedating. Full body-centric kava, will slow you down, fell heavy on the stomach, sedating, give deep peace, relieve pain but might be mentally dull. Balanced kavas can offer a nice mixed bag of joy, dreaminess and relaxed sedation...sedation will typically win out in the end.

Last edited:

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
1. Hmm, maybe silese or hanakapi'ai.
2. Fu'u.
3. Hate I say it, but... tudei with a good hot greazy meal to kick it. Your ass will get full cut.
4. Hard to say. I sleep like a lot when I'm ready anyway.
5. Marang.
6. Hmm

I just tanked ALL the makas and had a hot chicken sandwish and now my eyes won't point in the same direction, so sorry if this list was bad.

blindy107

Kava Lover
::rootedgrin::
It's been way too long since I was last able to reach that level. ::tipshat::
Me too man. I was just bumming about that a few weeks ago. I don't know what the hell is up but kava isn't really doing it for me when I really wanna get schnocked. Oh well.

1- most kavas make me chatty, Mo'i
2- none
3- BKH 11 year, BKH Solomon and GHK mahakea
4- any Boroguru
5- all seem to take my mind off it at least
6- not a problem usually

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I mean, if you want to get really krunked, then Chief's Jungle will do the trick. Fu'u or Nangol Noble are also both pretty krunkified.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
Me too man. I was just bumming about that a few weeks ago. I don't know what the hell is up but kava isn't really doing it for me when I really wanna get schnocked. Oh well.
"schnocked"... heh heh... I haven't heard that term in a VERY long time. Made me giggle!

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
1. Sociability
4. I need to sleep
5. My body aches
1. None. Like @Edward, I drink alone, ya-aaa, with nobody else.
2. Moi.
3. BKH Stone or Black Sand.
4. No kava makes me sleepy, ever.
5. Any heavy kava, see #3, assuming the aches are muscular in nature.
6. Pretty much any kava will do in this case, but heavy ones get you "further" out of here.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
1. Solomon Islands or Tudei
2. Solomon Islands or Pouni Ono
3. Chief's Jungle or Vanuatu Tudei
4. Half cup of Tongan or Fijian root with a cup of chamomile tea twenty minutes before bed
5. Stone
6. Tudei
Which particular tudei kavas do you like? As you of course know, there are many kavas that would fall into that category. It seems the most easily accessible to non pacific islanders would probably be Isa or Palisi (A popular Vanuatu kava).

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Krunkness: stone, fiji loa

Sociability: pouni ono, fiji loa

Easy on the body: anything heady from ghk

Sleep: nene