What's new

Best Value Cheap Kava

Hey Y’all!

I’m still new to the forum, and i’ve looked for a thread like this before but can’t find anything....

What is the cheapest kava for value? I am a very broke college student on a budget, and I want to make sure i’m getting my money’s worth. I absolutely like Kalm With Kava, but cannot afford to purchase it super often.

I appreciate any input you have, I like kava as an alternative to drinking/smoking, because it actually has a lot of benefit!

Parker

Darcy Jay Strutt

Kava Curious
Cactus Kava seems to have slightly more affordable prices while still coming highly recommended,(I can attest to their quality as well) plus throw in a really good strainer bag with purchase of their kava powder.

I saw a positive review for bestfijikava.com who seem to be quite affordable.

I should add though that for me it was worth it to spend a bit more on kava and not just use cost as a deciding factor but rather quality and positive reviews. The Tongan Family Reserve that I received from TheKavaRoots.com, although expensive, was very potent and worth the value.

I am in the process of learning how to stretch out my kava as much as possible by making kava from second and third washes of makas or frozen used kava root- all from a great technique outlined by this video made by one of the members here: KrunkieMcKrunkFace!!

F3TU5

Kava Enthusiast
I bought some of bestfijikavas root, tried their AAA grade waka earlier today and it was pretty damn good taste and effect wise. The bulk is 35 a pound and premiums are like 5 or 10 more than that, depending.

I'm pretty rooted and dabbed out now otherwise I'd be raving all about this root lol to sum it up I was pleasantly surprised with this company.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I bought some of bestfijikavas root, tried their AAA grade waka earlier today and it was pretty damn good taste and effect wise. The bulk is 35 a pound and premiums are like 5 or 10 more than that, depending.

I'm pretty rooted and dabbed out now otherwise I'd be raving all about this root lol to sum it up I was pleasantly surprised with this company.
That AAA Grade stuff is actually really decent, especially considering the price. Enjoy your root and dabbies :)

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
This is a good topic for a video on my blog.

One problem is that there are tons of value Kavas out there. And they range from basically not being Kava to being pretty damn good. There are vendors who basically run their whole business on Instagram. There are others who run their business on Amazon and don't have a real website. It's a big spread.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Hey Y’all!

I’m still new to the forum, and i’ve looked for a thread like this before but can’t find anything....

What is the cheapest kava for value? I am a very broke college student on a budget, and I want to make sure i’m getting my money’s worth. I absolutely like Kalm With Kava, but cannot afford to purchase it super often.

I appreciate any input you have, I like kava as an alternative to drinking/smoking, because it actually has a lot of benefit!

Parker
Hi, I live in UK myself. I recently ordered from Nakamalathome. I chose WoW and Solomon.

It was $100 per kg for each, as I got 2kgs of WoW. That is like £81 at time I ordered per kg.

I got 3kgs total, plus 250 grams of their Instant Kava for $100.

So even with shipping, overall I paid no more than £100 per kg, which I think is pretty good for a company with a seemingly good reputation and level of popularity.

I like the Solomon far more than WoW. But I dont favour heavier, more sedating kavas for personal reasons, not suggesting WoW is inferior at all.

Both are very easy to drink vs many other kavas I have tried. And Solomon in particukar seems far less nauseating than others too, something I have been really struggling with personally for a while with kava, but it is surely related to my existing and variable complicated health issues from long term Lyme disease, particularly long term major digestive issues and IBS, as my general health has really taken a downward turn the last several months.

Im sure there are better kavas out there than Nakamalathome, I just ordered Tongan Choice and Tongan Family Reserve from Thekavaroots, which were just over $80 per pound.

So nearly twice as expensive as the WoW and Solomon.

Thekavasocietynz have very good prices also for top quality potent kava, check them out. Their service is excellent and Henry is really a lovely guy, so friendly and knowledgeable.

Lots of other top US companies unfortunately do not ship to UK.

I adore Kavatime Gourmet Savusavu, but they dont ship here. Their kavas are also around $80 per lb, same as Gourmet Hawaian Kava.

I am keen to try Bestfijikava.com soon. They offer very good price, I dont know how their kavas rate compared to the top US companies like Kavatime, GourmetHawaianKava, Thekavaroots, Bulakavahouse, Rootsofhappiness.

Also check out Kavafied but they also dont ship to me in UK.

I tried Kalmwithkava europe, I like the Pouni Ono.

I hope that helps.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Just for reference:

I'm keeping it updated daily.
Of course, I just realised, vendors like GHK and KT charge more for international orders outside USA. So my $80 per lb was in reference to that. And it makes more sense too, I didn't see why N@H would be almost half price vs the other top rated sellers.

Excellent info thanks for providing it for everyone, hope you are well mate.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
Of course, I just realised, vendors like GHK and KT charge more for international orders outside USA. So my $80 per lb was in reference to that. And it makes more sense too, I didn't see why N@H would be almost half price vs the other top rated sellers.

Excellent info thanks for providing it for everyone, hope you are well mate.
As i understand it GHK does not ship internationally. If you wish to buy from them you need to use a remailer like Stakry or similar.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Ordered a Kilo a while back, can't wait to try it.
It is good stuff. Very instant effects, not exactly "rushy", but physically euphoric straight away and very mentally uplifting. Definitely more of a kick than the Palarasul, which is also instantly uplifting mentally but less physical and arguably less intense.

I hope you enjoy.

Last edited:

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
As i understand it GHK does not ship internationally. If you wish to buy from them you need to use a remailer like Stakry or similar.
Yes indeed, I am aware. Same with Kavatime, Bulakavahouse, Rootofhappiness qnd many others too I'm sure.

I love that Gourmet Savusavu from Kavatime as well, which I acquired via Edward.

Thank heavens for Thekavaroots, KWK Europe, N@H and Kavasocietynz to name a few.

Hi, I live in UK myself. I recently ordered from Nakamalathome. I chose WoW and Solomon.

It was $100 per kg for each, as I got 2kgs of WoW. That is like £81 at time I ordered per kg.

I got 3kgs total, plus 250 grams of their Instant Kava for $100.

So even with shipping, overall I paid no more than £100 per kg, which I think is pretty good for a company with a seemingly good reputation and level of popularity.

I like the Solomon far more than WoW. But I dont favour heavier, more sedating kavas for personal reasons, not suggesting WoW is inferior at all.

Both are very easy to drink vs many other kavas I have tried. And Solomon in particukar seems far less nauseating than others too, something I have been really struggling with personally for a while with kava, but it is surely related to my existing and variable complicated health issues from long term Lyme disease, particularly long term major digestive issues and IBS, as my general health has really taken a downward turn the last several months.

Im sure there are better kavas out there than Nakamalathome, I just ordered Tongan Choice and Tongan Family Reserve from Thekavaroots, which were just over $80 per pound.

So nearly twice as expensive as the WoW and Solomon.

Thekavasocietynz have very good prices also for top quality potent kava, check them out. Their service is excellent and Henry is really a lovely guy, so friendly and knowledgeable.

Lots of other top US companies unfortunately do not ship to UK.

I adore Kavatime Gourmet Savusavu, but they dont ship here. Their kavas are also around $80 per lb, same as Gourmet Hawaian Kava.

I am keen to try Bestfijikava.com soon. They offer very good price, I dont know how their kavas rate compared to the top US companies like Kavatime, GourmetHawaianKava, Thekavaroots, Bulakavahouse, Rootsofhappiness.

Also check out Kavafied but they also dont ship to me in UK.

I tried Kalmwithkava europe, I like the Pouni Ono.

I hope that helps.
Thank you very much for your detailed response. It will certainly be helpful for me when i’m picking my next Kava! Glad to hear about how many options I have!

bestfijikava.com

Hayward, CA
Kava Vendor
Hey Y’all!

Parker
Our Bulk Kava Powder is a pretty good deal as F3TU5 stated above. Its $35 a lb but I can give you $4 off your first purchase so u can try. Just send me an email at [email protected]