What's new

Powdered Kava Review BFK Bulk Fijian Review

Kavadelic

Kava Curious
cpReview
{"Grade":10,"Potency":8,"Mind":8,"Body":9,"Anxiety":8,"Sedative":9,"Taste":"-1","Preparation":"10m traditional prep w/ light MCT oil","Duration":"~3 hours","SideEffects":"None yet","Headline":"best bang for your buck!"}
Best Fiji Kava Bulk review

Background: been using kava on and off since late 2013. I’ve tried most of the bag suppliers including ones from New Zealand.

Brew method: traditional prep with lukewarm water and a dash of MCT oil. 80g strained 10 mins ( sipping over the course of the evening)

Brewing process:

It seemed to stay clumpy and dried out at about the same rate as other Fijians, which is a great sign.

My hands felt pretty oily, but not as oily as the AAA Fijian.

Produced a somewhat dark brew especially for a Fijian. reminiscent of a majority of Fijiankavas I’ve tried, it could be arguable it is just as dark as the AAA, if not darker. It’s Not Vanuatu level dark though.

Taste: It does have slightly more bite than the AAA Fijian in terms of flavor, but it goes down smooth and has a unique flavor reminiscent of other Fijians. I think for a newcomer the taste may be a little bit more strong than the AAA fiji, but unlike K@ myself and many others learn to appreciate the unique flavor profile in the flavonoids in kava.

Effects: 30 seconds after my first small I felt some lip numbness, but I used a lot of water to help my hands not dry out. It would probably be more tingly if I had used less water.

I can tell this is some pretty decent root even from these initial come up effects,

UPDATE: hours later I can tell it is quite good for the price for sure.

Packaging- The packaging was see-through with a sticker indicating what it is, which is to be expected for a botanical sold for a lower price than the competition with the label bulk. The bag it came in was high-quality and I doubt it would be possible to rip it during shipping, I had to use a fork to open it and I put it in a Ziploc baggie.

——-

Few Downsides-some may not find it as potent as the AAA fiji or waka, but it’s Great for the price and as a mixer especially during these hard economic times. I believe it would be an excellent mixer with a Vanuatu or another more expensive but potent strain. I will for sure be ordering again, remember if you can our suppliers get a better return on their investment if we buy from their websites.

The packaging was “bland” but nearly any botanical you buy in bulk or says the word bulk is almost always going to look like this, but the plastic was really thick so you don’t have to worry about it ripping during ship. It is not resealable but it is not hard to slice open the bag and dump it into a Ziploc.

—-

Side info

Today I have taken my prescribed Adderall that has zero noticeable effect on me other than helping my ADHD symptoms, so that may affect how sedated I feel.

I am going to strain it again either tonight or tomorrow to see how good/dark the makas (semi-used root) comes out.

I currently do not have any acetone to do a noble test, but from the effects I believe it is likely to be noble.

—-

Overall, assuming it can remain at this price I think it is an excellent average fijian and what makes me give this five stars as the price to quality ratio, the customer service, The one day shipping and the quite responsive customer support I’ve always experienced. I am more of a vanuatu guy myself, but I think I am going to near exclusively only buy this Fiji end as long as the price and quality remain the same.

Update hour later.

The effects are slightly more Heady than they are heavy, and for the price point for the quality I will definitely be buying this as a mixer for the foreseeable future.

5 stars. 8.6/10

Update few hours later : this stuff has legs, I am definitely going to keep it as a staple in my rotation assuming the quality and price remain the same. There is no way you can go wrong getting this, I guarantee you will like it at least as a mixer with stuff that cost nearly twice as much. I am going to start a YouTube channel and review more suppliers here and there, so stay tuned!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Rand McNally

Kava Curious
Yes, thank you for taking the time and going into such detail. I learned a bunch. The acetone noble test you mentioned sounds interesting, esp since I think I have some in my personal paint aisle, or can at least pilfer the wife's finger nail polish remover.

Kavadelic

Kava Curious
Yes, thank you for taking the time and going into such detail. I learned a bunch. The acetone noble test you mentioned sounds interesting, esp since I think I have some in my personal paint aisle, or can at least pilfer the wife's finger nail polish remover.
Yeah, search acetone test on the forums.

Also my apoligies for my browsers on phone and laptop not letting me fill in the sidebar information, I emailed Kap'm and he will probably be nice enough to fix it for me. Bula!

Rand McNally

Kava Curious
Yeah, search acetone test on the forums.

Also my apoligies for my browsers on phone and laptop not letting me fill in the sidebar information, I emailed Kap'm and he will probably be nice enough to fix it for me. Bula!
Bula to you-la! Thanks for that, and no need to apologize, I didn't even notice. I guess I'll have to take a second look and be a critical jerkass ; )