What's new

binge drinking I want to try kava.

jackweed

Kava Curious
Well I don't consider myself addicted to alcohol however when I am with friends I drink until I don't remember what happened the previous night, it's really horrible.
I realized that this situation it's unsustainable and I have to find something healthier to avoid drinking. I have heard that many people use Kava, I would like to know which type would be the most suitable to have an effect almost similar to alcohol. Unfortunately I live in Europe and this is a problem that I would like to face in another discussion.
Thanks in advance.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I would get with @Edward

He can show you the ropes on acquiring kava in the EU.

He'll give you the list of kavas that are able to be ordered, and I'm sure would happily suggest one to you that fit the bill.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Well I don't consider myself addicted to alcohol however when I am with friends I drink until I don't remember what happened the previous night, it's really horrible.
I realized that this situation it's unsustainable and I have to find something healthier to avoid drinking. I have heard that many people use Kava, I would like to know which type would be the most suitable to have an effect almost similar to alcohol. Unfortunately I live in Europe and this is a problem that I would like to face in another discussion.
Thanks in advance.
Congrats. The first step in fixing a problem is recognizing you have one. Many have used kava to successfully cut back on drinking or stop altogether. However, you will find that no kava will be "similar" to alcohol. The feeling, the effects, and the rewards are totally different. Most kava heads would say better in every way.

jackweed

Kava Curious
I would get with @Edward

He'll give you the list of kavas that are able to be ordered, and I'm sure would happily suggest one to you that fit the bill.
The problem is that UK actually is out from Europe, I've tried ordering from USA but at italian custom they asked me about a medical certificate ( I don't even know what is) so i've decided to send back the package to amazon (pouni ono KWK and kavafied supreme) and i hope to get a refund........

jackweed

Kava Curious
I would get with @Edward

Congrats. The first step in fixing a problem is recognizing you have one. Many have used kava to successfully cut back on drinking or stop altogether. However, you will find that no kava will be "similar" to alcohol. The feeling, the effects, and the rewards are totally different. Most kava heads would say better in every way.
I'm not the kind of guy that need to drink everyday, but when I'm out i need some alcohol to ease my anxiety and have fun. As now I has been 3 week without drinking but also avoiding any bar, friends etc...Kava will not be as alcohol (Thanks God) but maybe before going out i can drink some kava and have some fun.
Regarding the situation of Kava in Europe well, I've tried to get in touch with kalmwithkava.pl, sent a message on FB no response, sent an email, no response, then I've tried making an order 8 oz of Borogu, order shipped February 27, no tracking number. Asked straight to KWK if kalmwithkava.pl is their official supplier in europe, no response!
Right now I'm a bit disappointed.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'm not the kind of guy that need to drink everyday, but when I'm out i need some alcohol to ease my anxiety and have fun. As now I has been 3 week without drinking but also avoiding any bar, friends etc...Kava will not be as alcohol (Thanks God) but maybe before going out i can drink some kava and have some fun.
Regarding the situation of Kava in Europe well, I've tried to get in touch with kalmwithkava.pl, sent a message on FB no response, sent an email, no response, then I've tried making an order 8 oz of Borogu, order shipped February 27, no tracking number. Asked straight to KWK if kalmwithkava.pl is their official supplier in europe, no response!
Right now I'm a bit disappointed.
Try this.
https://kavaeurope.pl/

They just got started, but are a legitimate reseller of kavas for "The Kava Society, NZ"

tutti196

Kava Curious
Nope thats not true he will send it EU asked him another day on Facebook, but I think he can't tell it in the open because he will get troublefwhen he do because its illegal.
"Hi, yes, we do offer shipping to Germany. For now we can offer just Pacific Elixir (traditional kava)"

to bad he only has heady kava >_>

jackweed

Kava Curious
Thanks everyone for commenting, i got in contact with edward and I'm happy they can ship outside Poland.
Anyway i got some good news tomorrow i should get mt KWK borogu! Now my question is this kind of kava could solve my problem?
I just want drink some kava feel happy, relaxed and motivated with anxiety relief (I know seems like I'm describing alcohol) do you think Borogu is good for me? @Henry How pacific elixir compare to borogu? Looks like i will have to try several kava, but I'm done with alcohol I can't tolerate anymore blackout, bad impression and hangovers.

INeedToChill

Stay Golden, Ponyboy
@jackweed I am fairly new to Kava as well. I really think you'll find what you are looking for in Kava. It's not as strong as alcohol, so don't expect that feeling. But it absolutely will relax you, get rid of make your anxiety, and make you feel more social. It really is important to find the right Kava that fits what effect you want.

Also, if you don't feel the effects of Kava right away, don't give up. It will work. It took a couple of weeks before I actually felt the real Kava effects that everyone else talks about. Now I'm in love with Kava ::lurvez:: Good luck!!

jackweed

Kava Curious
@INeedToChill Actually it worked and also very well. I haven't had the time to write a small review anyway I've started with Borogu with KWK.
I like it a lot in the first 20 minutes because put a big smile on my face and i feel euphoric! after is much more relaxant.
I need to try different strain to see which one works best for me. Anyway I haven't had the feel of drinking.

INeedToChill

Stay Golden, Ponyboy
@INeedToChill Actually it worked and also very well. I haven't had the time to write a small review anyway I've started with Borogu with KWK.
I like it a lot in the first 20 minutes because put a big smile on my face and i feel euphoric! after is much more relaxant.
I need to try different strain to see which one works best for me. Anyway I haven't had the feel of drinking.
Yay!!! I'm so glad it worked for you!! I tried some from KWK called Loa Waka, and I love it. It would be great for night time socializing, because it starts off feeling happy and a few hours later you're ready for sleep. But anyway, keep us updated with how things are going!! ::yay2::