What's new

Bir Kar through Olimpia

Szafirek

Kava Curious
I have Bir Kar sold by Olimpia (They have it from P.S.L.) It seems to be a good quality product. The only thing, that I wonder about, is the large number of dark particles. Is it normal for Bir Kar? Or can it be a contamination?
bir kar.jpg

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I think it's likely normal. I don't use a translucent bowl, but I'm sure if I did I'd probably end up seeing a few specs in there. What kind of strainer are you using?

If it's PSL it's not going to be contamination. They're meticulous about cleanliness.

Szafirek

Kava Curious
I think it's likely normal. I don't use a translucent bowl, but I'm sure if I did I'd probably end up seeing a few specs in there. What kind of strainer are you using?

If it's PSL it's not going to be contamination. They're meticulous about cleanliness.
I use a cotton bag. I see similar particles in other kavas, but in a much smaller amount. Maybe the darker Bir Kar just has more of them.

Jean

Kava Curious
I've drunk Olimpia Bir Kar a few months ago without noticing / being aware of that. Quality was good. However if your strainer has not been correctly cleaned, particularly the seams, the remaining kava particles dry and take a darker color. And contamine your next batch. This is a possible explanation.

Pacific Santo

Kava Curious
Hey guys,
I am surprised to see Olimpia is still selling our kava... this is the news of the day hehe!
We sent them Bir Kar, 20 kg, along some other kava in October 2020 on their first order. Their other order had no Bir Kar.

I have tried to contact Olympia today, I will see if they get back to me since this is a long time we have not spoken either do business together and this might probably be linked to the regulation in Europe which has been strengthen in Poland.

As for the black dots residue, I suggest you to take a smaller mesh filter to get ride of it.
As well, clean your filter in boiling water to prevent kavalactone to obstruct the mesh over time and to have residue stuck into it (even more if in cotton).

The dots are not from the fact the kava is not cleaned well (we really extra care this process which make us have the difference in taste and smell usually). You would feel it if not and it would have a "ground" taste.
I still reckon the smell should now not be too fresh since that's has been stocked for a serious time.
I have tried one of our powder processed 2 years ago few days earlier, I did not noticed any black dots in my drink, the smell was very different, the taste was changed too but but not bad and the effects were still on.
I would be interested to know what you felt it too brother?

All in all, I have no interesting explanation to those dots to be franc, I would have said the skin of the kava but we do not use it :hilarious:!
Have a good day guys!
We will be back soon on the private market - maybe not in Europe anymore since those regulation have cut us the entry with our few clients (resellers) we had on the region.
Take care everyone and enjoy the tribal Juice,
Malok ::shell::
Alex