What's new

BKH Now on Amazon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
For all you kavaholics in a hurry to get your root, we now have a couple products on Amazon. Borogu is up now, and Nangol Noble should be up any day now. They are Prime and fulfilled by Amazon so with a membership you should be able to get it in two days! You'll pay a premium for it (Amazon absolutely robs vendors), but when you need your kava you need your kava.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Sweet! Question on the Prime delivery: Does amazon store the kava or does it still come from directly from you? If amazon stores it do you have any say in how, and how long they can hold on to it?
I have ordered kavafied through Amazon prime with no issues a couple of times, but there have been other instances where what I got (non kava) had been sitting around for quite some time by the dates on the items.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Sweet! Question on the Prime delivery: Does amazon store the kava or does it still come from directly from you? If amazon stores it do you have any say in how, and how long they can hold on to it?
I have ordered kavafied through Amazon prime with no issues a couple of times, but there have been other instances where what I got (non kava) had been sitting around for quite some time by the dates on the items.
Fulfilled by Amazon, but we only sent 25 lbs. It should move quick.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I don't blame you. Those rewards points are like gold, I tell ya. For most people that already buy our products, the Amazon option will probably only be used in a pinch for situations when they need kava in a hurry.
I do like those reward points - and honestly you and Squanch have some of fastest ship times of the vendors. So the difference is probably 2 days versus 4-5 days for most of the US.

tonyd

Kava Curious
I realize Amazon gets big cut but that's a 25% plus premium over the BKH website. Kavafied somehow manages to keep pricing the same on both sites . Almost just put an order in on Amazon until I saw the $8.00 price difference. Always wanted to try the Nangol but almost $40.00 for a half lb. med. grind is too rich for me.

Last edited:

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I realize Amazon gets big cut but that's a 25% plus premium over the BKH website. Kavafied somehow manages to keep pricing the same on both sites . Almost just put an order in on Amazon until I saw the $8.00 price difference. Always wanted to try the Nangol but almost $40.00 for a half lb. med. grind is too rich for me.
Amazon actually takes just over 25%, and that doesn't include the cost of me shipping the kava to the fulfillment center. I guess Matt's just willing to take that loss. Unfortunately, with the rising price of kava, we can't.

That said, we charge $7.10 to ship that bag of kava from bulakavahouse.com, bringing the total price to $38.10. If you have Prime you get free 2 day shipping for an extra $.90 when ordering from Amazon. Seems reasonable.

tonyd

Kava Curious
I guess the price works out the same overall. I've gotten spoiled with the Kavafied Supreme at the same price with free Prime shipping. Also I do realize this is a business and the price of kava steadily rises faster than anyone likes.

Señor Chuggs

Friend of Kava
@tonyd Reward points might have something to do with it. I like that BKH "buys" some of its brand value and exposure from its loyal customers rather than from the Bezos Empire. LOL.

No disrespect to vendors who do choose to take a hit by selling through the Amazon platform. Just different strategies. For instance, think of how many new kava users try Kavafied because they see it on Amazon. That's great if you ask me. And now BKH is reaching some of those folks too. Hopefully it turns them on to great kava, and they will find more great kava through the parent sites and places like this (y)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Try the Nangol!

Buy direct. :)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I'm so so close to taking your advice. lol the Nangol is really that good huh ?
It is excellent. I am sure there are some people who would not like it. It is balanced but with a pronounced heavy component, especially over time, yet has its distinctly cosmic aspects. It's sort of like drinking 2 or 3 different kavas at the same time. Which may actually be the case. I don't know. Nangol is a sentimental and cultural name, not a varietal name. It does imply Vanuatu, which is what it is. It also implies Pentecost but I don't think it is all root from Pentecost, nor has BKH ever claimed it is, nor do I care. I hope some day they also offer just straight pure Pentecost root in addition. That would be cool. I hear Pentecost root is strong and heavy.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
If you want Nangol, jump on it now. We're low on stock and when I asked for more yesterday, I was told that everybody is so busy watching the World Cup that they're not harvesting any kava. Of course that's inconvenient but also kind of funny. Doing business happens at a different pace in the islands.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
If you want Nangol, jump on it now. We're low on stock and when I asked for more yesterday, I was told that everybody is so busy watching the World Cup that they're not harvesting any kava. Of course that's inconvenient but also kind of funny. Doing business happens at a different pace in the islands.
That's when buying direct. Amazon has 30 1/2 lb. bags. That will probably last a little while because we're not very well known there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.