What's new

Powdered Kava Review Borogu

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
cpReview
{"Grade":8,"Potency":0,"Mind":2,"Body":6,"Anxiety":10,"Sedative":5,"Taste":"-3","Preparation":"2 Tbsp, 10 oz. of water.\n Fijian Strainer bag\n Room Temperature bottled water\n Massage for 15 minutes, no soak time","Duration":"","SideEffects":"","Headline":"A noble Classic."}
Borogu, a classic. A noble Classic. Oh the memories. It was the first kava to touch my lips back in my first days as a kavasseur. I decided to take a nostalgic visit back to the variety that began it all for me. The Borogu from Bula Kava House has that unmistakable peppery earthy smell you'd expect from a Borogu. The offering from BKH, however, is much less punishing on the taste buds than Borogu from other vendors I've tried while still being quite clear that it is in fact Borogu you're drinking. It's got a background of bitter pine and a generous amounts of peppery fire. The taste is pretty straight forward and not as complex as Boroguru or even the mellow and light offerings from Tonga and Hawaii. This is a simple kava that gets straight to the point in it's own gentle and peppery way.While it's not sedative to the point of planting you firmly in a chair it does dial everything down noticeably and comfortably. It gives a gentle and warm relaxing sensation to the body that's also obvious but in no way overpowering or heavy.
For those seeking anxiolytic effects from kava, Borogu provides a quite adequate “shield” while not being as heavy handed or “uppity” as other varieties.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Borogu is a lot less complex than Boroguru.

Boroguru is a little heavier all the way around and gives you a little bit more to experience in the effects department. The difference there isn't huge just different and a little extra on Boroguru's end. YMMV.