What's new

Powdered Kava Review Borogu

Rudra

I am quite new to drinking kava on a regular level. I started with BKH Borogu kava. Was not quite sure how much effect I would feel considering I haven't quite built up my reverse tolerance just yet!

I used 16 oz. of warm water and half a cup of ground up root powder. Prepared using traditional way- I worked the solution for about 25 minutes or so. Drank 8 oz. right away. Taste was not unpleasant at all. Peppery, earthy. Felt numbness on my tongue, extending down into my esophagus right away. Also felt warmth and some "lightness." Drank another 8 oz. about 20 minutes later. Very pleasant. Felt extremely relaxed. When I closed my eyes felt complete quiet- no chatter in my head. Felt as if I was in the middle of the woods. That sense of calm lasted for about 2 hours or so. Felt relaxed, but not sleepy. In fact, felt quite social and talkative. Cognitive functions intact. Minimal effects on BP or pulse. No nausea or headaches. No hangovers.

Just wanted to share my experience. I also have some nambawan and koniak from BKH. I am thinking about waiting a while and sticking with Borogu before digging into those. Any tips would be welcome. Also any strain suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks all. Looking forward to learning from ya'all.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Hey, Rudra. Thanks for the great review. Borogu is one of the most popular kavas worldwide for good reason. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, would you mind using the product review form? We don't have many Borogu reviews listed, so it would help if I others are wondering what to expect. This link will get you to the correct section. http://kavaforums.com/forum/forums/bula-kava-house-product-reviews.54/create-thread

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Welcome Rurda! Glad to have you with us. Looks like you're starting your kava journey out on a very positive note. It just gets better from there. Read through the reviews here and see which kava strains call out to you.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hey, Rudra. Thanks for the great review. Borogu is one of the most popular kavas worldwide for good reason. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, would you mind using the product review form? We don't have many Borogu reviews listed, so it would help if I others are wondering what to expect. This link will get you to the correct section. http://kavaforums.com/forum/forums/bula-kava-house-product-reviews.54/create-thread
I moved it to the BKH review forum. @Rudra, please edit your thread. At the top right, click on "Thread Tools", then select "Edit Custom Fields" to complete your review. Thanks and Welcome to Forums!!!

Last edited:

Rudra

Thanks Headhodge. Just edited my thread. Judd, I am about to post it also on your webpage, as you requested.