What's new

Boroguru/Fuu amount question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
So it's been a long time since I had boroguru or fu'u, in fact I think the last time I had them was around December last year. Lately I've been drinking 6tbsps of Koniak at a time. I generally tend to like DHM kavas because they help me get to sleep and fix any lingering muscle pains, but I also don't feel like fu'u causes me to be particularly 'wired' or anything so I plan on mixing the two. How much should I use when I make my kava tonight?

infraredz

BULA!
Back with the old batch of Fu'u, I made two or three batches of this and found that 50/50 was my favorite (4 tbsps to 4 tbsps which I strained through two stockings).

I think I am more sensitive to the uplifting *stimulating* type kavas, and that being said, I found a 50/50 batch made it harder to sleep than a full Boroguru batch. I found that even with a mix, I can't have any those uplifting kavas in the late evening without having more trouble falling asleep. It's a great mix for afternoon type times though, for sure.

I always like to try a mix at 50/50 and adjust from there, but if I was you (especially with the sleep aspect), I might try something more like a 60/40 or 70/30 Boroguru to Fu'u.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Cool, thanks guys. I should probably try them separately, but I'm feeling lazy as heck tonight, so 1/2 cup at 1:1 it is.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Say Judd, if I ordered Fu'u on Labor day, did I get the coarser grind? Because it still seems pretty fine to me.

infraredz

BULA!
Definitely try them separately when you get a chance. The Fu'u is really amazing stuff and I'd say the same for Boroguru just because it's a staple of mine ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.