What's new

Boroguru is Borogu lateral roots only?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I've heard differing accounts of what boroguru/borogu is. The most common one seems to be that they are the same strain, grown in different regions. I wouldn't assume one is all lateral roots unless it is sold as such (Noble Kava's is the only one I am aware of).

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
It is pretty confusing with these two...here's something I posted once that's some info from Dr. Lebot's book:
He says on Pentecost Island "Borogu is called Borogoru in the north of the island and Gorogoro in the south." He breaks down similar plants even further, saying there is one called Borogu Temit(light) which is identical looking to Borogu but with lighter stems and an effect closer to Borogoru. In the north it's called Borogoru Maita and in the south it's called Gorogoro Entepal. Another is called Borogu Tememe(red) which has the appearance of Borogu but with red/violet stems. This one has a stronger psychoactive effect than Borogoru Temit. (sounds awesome) It's referred to as Borogoru Memea in the north and Gorogoro Entemet in the south.
...elsewhere, he does mention another 'Borogoru' from Maewo Island that has more DHM than Pentecost's Borogu."
Still confusing, huh...I've also heard that they are genetically identical, so that sounds reasonable to me that it could just be the waka roots of Borogu. To add to the confusion, Vanuatu has about 100 languages, and the average Ni-Van doesn't care about the details of kava the way we do.
Ya know what guys, I'm gonna take one for the team and fly to Pentecost to solve this once and for all. :p

Last edited: