What's new

Boroguru - Oh My

Stelth

Kava Curious
I just got a kilo of Boroguru from BKH. This is what I was looking for. Hits me much harder than the Koniak did. Of course, I drank it on an empty stomach, but still, this is very nice. Also doesn't taste as much like horse crap as the Koniak. I'm guessing here, I've never actually tasted horse crap.

Kristy

Kava Curious
Have you tried the borogru ? I ordered it should get here Friday .

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

nj valid

Kava & Web Design
Yeah Boroguru is awesome. @Kristy , I never tried the Borogu but I asked about it a little while back. Here is the answer I got.
@endwatcher @shakas Not the same plant at all, different chemotype and everything. Both are "Waka" like, as in 100% lateral root. The effects are quite a bit different to me. As stated, the Borogu is much headier, whereas the Boroguru seems to have more muscle relaxing properties. Both are pretty awesome if you ask me ;) @kavadude These two come from the same supplier so have the same grind-relatively fine at the moment.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
I just got a kilo of Boroguru from BKH. This is what I was looking for. Hits me much harder than the Koniak did. Of course, I drank it on an empty stomach, but still, this is very nice. Also doesn't taste as much like horse crap as the Koniak. I'm guessing here, I've never actually tasted horse crap.
Koniak tastes like pine needles.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
Ive tried both...and both are great.
Borogu is more of a day time Kava, gives you a active chill feel that somehow turns me into one hell of a salesman, lol.
Boroguru is a more of a night time variety, gives you a nice couch lock melt and medatate feeling.

I mix the 2 sometimes for a sweet in between.
Im loving the Boros

I never cared for Koniac...or Nawambawan

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Random note but does anyone feel like the latest batch of boroguru has a sort of odd, woody taste to it or is it just me? This is from the start of May and it's the first time I've had it in a while. Still works fine though!

violet

Do all things with love
@kavadude I wish I could help you on the taste. I've been hesitant to get it with the way the grind had been, too bad cause I really miss it. Is it still super-fine?

violet

Do all things with love
aww, that's too bad *disappointment* :(. Hopefully they get a fix on the grinders before too long, Boroguru is a favorite daily kava for me.

A

Absent Minded

niceeee
Ordered some myself in response to this thread and needing a new kava to try out.
Just started drinking a nalgene full (1L) brewed up w/ 7 tbs. Figured it might be a bit much, but screw it:pompus:
I'll report back as to how it is.

A

Absent Minded

We'll see!
It's been 4 hours since I last ate. But it was an enormous meal... probably half a pound of salmon, 3 eggs, a smoothie...still full. hahaha
But I got a greatttt dinner planned for once I get a little more of this in me :)