What's new

Borongoru Happiness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
So after drinking GHK's Moi and Nene and experimenting with Hawaiian varieties this week, I switch back to Borongoru for last night's session and learned a few things about myself and kava.

I kept it light, last night, having only two shells rather than going for the three or four I usually drink.

I never got the "Whooo! I'm FLYING! I can't stop myself from writing bad poetry! Huzzah!" feeling that the Moi gave me, but a much more subdued and less giddy experience that was nevertheless really peaceful and wonderful.

I woke this morning feeling at peace with the world, with almost no hangover-induced gravity pulling me towards my bed for a quick nap before work. I get up really early to make lunches and breakfasts for the kids and get them to school. Also, I felt a great magnanimity of spirit which I've carried into my day and has been really notable.

What I learned about kava:

More is definitely *NOT* always better. In fact, I now believe there's a narrow band of kava satisfaction that I can hit with just the right amount which is not only relaxing and satisfying but also carries forward in significant ways into my next day. What a fantastic revelation!

What I learned about myself:

I've reached what I think is probably the perfect sweet spot for kava sensitization where small (and economical) sessions with kava are yielding my best results so far. I'm compelled to pull back on my cups-and-cups-and-cups weekend routine (unless the Mahakea shows up int he mail today, heh!) and go simply for continuity of effects from day to day. This morning reminds me of the first time I took antidepressants and the immense relief and sudden urge to invest in the world around me. It's that profound.

So where does Borongoru fit into this? Well, it continues to impress and amaze and I'm really glad I went back for another pound of it recently. I hope it and it's brethren (is Nambawan similar?) are available for a long time to come.

KavaKueen

Kava Curious
So after drinking GHK's Moi and Nene and experimenting with Hawaiian varieties this week, I switch back to Borongoru for last night's session and learned a few things about myself and kava.

I kept it light, last night, having only two shells rather than going for the three or four I usually drink.

I never got the "Whooo! I'm FLYING! I can't stop myself from writing bad poetry! Huzzah!" feeling that the Moi gave me, but a much more subdued and less giddy experience that was nevertheless really peaceful and wonderful.

I woke this morning feeling at peace with the world, with almost no hangover-induced gravity pulling me towards my bed for a quick nap before work. I get up really early to make lunches and breakfasts for the kids and get them to school. Also, I felt a great magnanimity of spirit which I've carried into my day and has been really notable.

More is definitely *NOT* always better. In fact, I now believe there's a narrow band of kava satisfaction that I can hit with just the right amount which is not only relaxing and satisfying but also carries forward in significant ways into my next day. What a fantastic revelation!

I've reached what I think is probably the perfect sweet spot for kava sensitization where small (and economical) sessions with kava are yielding my best results so far. I'm compelled to pull back on my cups-and-cups-and-cups weekend routine (unless the Mahakea shows up int he mail today, heh!) and go simply for continuity of effects from day to day. This morning reminds me of the first time I took antidepressants and the immense relief and sudden urge to invest in the world around me. It's that profound.

So where does Borongoru fit into this? Well, it continues to impress and amaze and I'm really glad I went back for another pound of it recently. I hope it and it's brethren (is Nambawan similar?) are available for a long time to come.
So, would you recommend the mo'i for a "have a party with yourself" type of kava? What grind did you get?

Steve Mariotti

Review Maestro
So, would you recommend the mo'i for a "have a party with yourself" type of kava? What grind did you get?
I got the medium grind because I have the digestive tract of a newborn baby. And I strain the bejesus out of it.

I was definitely dancin' with myself after three shells of M'oi. I was literally moved to poetry.

Steve Mariotti

Review Maestro
Let's hear some more Haiku, my dear.
I actually wrote a bunch more but did it in a Google Doc since I had the vague sense that I was oversharing.

More GHK M'oi haiku from That Night:

Sighing I draw breath
A gift of life; I’m lucky
My mind a new leaf

Children radiant
Expectation and power
Nascent in springtime

Level-minded peace
Equanimity profound
I am of this earth

My eyes darkening
Mid transit to my grave site
Yet now I know peace

Each year is colder
Both inside and outside me
Warmth is to be FOUND

:-} Don't shoot the poet, he's doing the best he can.

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
I've been enjoying Borongoru recently as well, have gone through a couple lbs. of it, and I really enjoy it. It doesn't hammer me forcefully into a separate state of mind. Honestly, I still think I like Mo'i better (just ordered some more) - but the convenience of being able to get a lb. of Borongoru shipped overnight from Amazon kind of took me in. ;-P

Totally agree with your review of it though. It's really peaceful and uplifting while not being too sedating...

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I've been really considering this less is more aspect to kava.. its a huge thing with K and I find it has to be similar with kava ... you confirmed such things :)

spacegirlelt

Daydreamer
I wrote some poetry myself:

I hope it rains so I can watch the tear drops of the Earth out of the corner of my eye gently pour down
All in perfect rhythm, like a warm, dark blanket covering civilization.
Time slows down as the rain falls
Leaving humanity to ponder during this dreary day the meaning of modern weather.

Kavakaize

kavakaize

I am on planet Borongoru now. Had to celebrate the liver enzyme results I got today! Also for the record people my liver enzymes decreased after using for solid 6 months but i eat clean and use other herbs since I am the field of that for my biz.

I totally feel the same way. I call in the kind kava. It does NOT pound you into a new state of mind you just glide in happily. It gives me a nice mood enhancement and uplifts the spirit. NOT super sedating either. Is the old school and I love it!

thanks Mike@KWK awesome stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.